Error Code #10486

chevalier
New Community Member

I would like to know what is going on, I am trying to pay for an item and it comes with the message that they were not able to process my payment. Error Code #10486

I tried to contact paypal but I haven´t received any answer so far, I have bought on Ebay for 2 years and never had any trouble. My creditcard has credit (I have just checked and I am not even close to my limit).

I hope someone could give me an answer, the seller is waiting for his money

Login to Me Too
97 REPLIES 97

hussan
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to purchase an item with my online generated master card since I have maestro card but my bank provide me with option to create the virtual master card. It worked fine previously but today i tried again and again but it didn't work. During that process I lost 60 SEK due to conversion charges.Dammmmmmmmmmmmmm, who is responsible for it ?? Did anyone got a reply from Paypal ??

Login to Me Too

rezolashkarava
New Community Member

Problem Solved!!!

Some of Cards have 10 Transaction Limit. That means, that you can transfer money only 10 times once a 24 hour.

Call to bank and remove limit.

Login to Me Too

hussan
Contributor
Contributor

I checked with my bank and everything is all right with my card. It has to be Paypal and nothing else ?

Login to Me Too

Amandeep2012
New Community Member

I keep getting this! Tried to pay through a bank transfer and through my debit card and both didn't work. I even tried on a different browser, it still doesn't work!

Login to Me Too

davor
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. I've been to the bank today and there is nothing wrong with my card, I tried to use the card on a different site and it works. So it is PayPal fault. Shame on you PayPal, you are suppose to be a professional service and here we have 10 pages and no official answer.

Login to Me Too

davor
Contributor
Contributor

I fixed my problem. The problem was that I had Dollars on my account and it actually needed to be Euros (even if I am buying from US and the item is in Dollars), because the card is set up on Euros.

Hope this helps someone. I do not need to tell you that PayPal was no help, three e-mails and no answer. Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

SqAndrew
New Community Member

That have not should have been a problem in the first place... Papal should convert, at least they are doing it for me... Or they were... Until today... I got the very same error... Now I want to pay to two eBay sellers and I can't...

I tried your solution with no success, unfortunately. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Login to Me Too

C_____J
New Community Member

I had this error for an order of just over $200 dollars, after a few retries nothing was happening and I kept getting the error, so I went back and selected only half of the items won, this allowed me to check out and pay normally, then I went back and did it for the second half.

All paid for but a lot of faffing to get 2*$100 orders through when it would not let me do 1*$200, also it could potentially end up costing more in shipping this way depending on your relationship with the seller(s).

CJ.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.