Error Code #10486

chevalier
New Community Member

I would like to know what is going on, I am trying to pay for an item and it comes with the message that they were not able to process my payment. Error Code #10486

I tried to contact paypal but I haven´t received any answer so far, I have bought on Ebay for 2 years and never had any trouble. My creditcard has credit (I have just checked and I am not even close to my limit).

I hope someone could give me an answer, the seller is waiting for his money

Login to Me Too
97 REPLIES 97

badgerskidoo
New Community Member

SAME PROBLEM. HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. Paypal, please Help!!!! Never had an issue before.

Login to Me Too

chocodragonfly
Contributor
Contributor

Well it seems this problem continues. Today (28 May) I tried to pay for an item and had the same error code twice. I still can't  pay with paypal. What's going on with eBay-Paypal? They should at least recognize there is a problem and give us an apology. 

Login to Me Too

kellerin
New Community Member

Same error here for two days running.

No response from PayPal.

This is getting sad...

Login to Me Too

koctr

I have the same problem!!! I live in Ukreine, and think thats why i have this error.

When someone answer us?!?!??!

Login to Me Too

addmore
New Community Member

Mine was due to the fact that I changed my address...and my bank has not changed it properly form the system...However I understand some vendors don't mind about the change of address..while others do. Please note, I changed my address since Mid last year..and am only having issues now.

Login to Me Too

magipink1
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem too. Today I was trying to purchase a book and I used Billmelater to pay for my product, but just when I was almost done paying-it took me to paypal and told me to log in. WHAT IS GOING ON! I tried on Google Chrome and also on internet explorer! I mostly stick to Billmelater so I can purchase my items easily and pay back later, but I can't believe that there's a bug on Ebay/Paypal! I wanna purchase my items from ebay **bleep**! And I don't want to end up paying more thanks to this little error.

Ebay and Paypal you better fix this right now so we can all go about paying for our stuff!

Login to Me Too

chocodragonfly
Contributor
Contributor

Ok guys and girls, I think I have find the origin from error code 10486. It seems that vip220765 (a few posts above) was right. I check my visa card monthly limit and I realize it was, like vip220765's,  also exceeded. Three days after paying it (31.05.12) I could pay my items in eBay.

I advise  you to check your visa limit. 

Regards,

chocodragonfly 

Login to Me Too

Vasyan

Today i tryed to buy and i have same error,whats wrong? 

Please tell me,what mean this error !?

Login to Me Too

LeonardoIlla777
New Community Member

Same Problems,HEEEEELPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Camdude74
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same problem right now! Trying to pay for something on ebay and I keep getting Error Code #10486 from Paypal! What is going on?

I hope you guys at Paypal can sort this out soon before our sellers get upset for late payments!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.