EBay changed our billing agreement?

figueroa4
Contributor
Contributor

I just recieved an email from PayPal it seems and I checked with my spouse and neither of us has done anything on PayPal recently.  When I mouse over the links they appear to be real PayPal.com links. We havent sold anything on eBay in quite awhile. How/why was this done?

email's titled: Your PayPal Billing Agreement

Please review your billing agreement

Dear My Business Name (not my personal name?),

You set up a billing agreement to automatically pay your eBay seller fees and any reimbursements repayments made under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy.

Billing agreement ID: B-06865124R8191292x

Description: eBay Seller Fees and Reimbursements

If you didnt make this change, let us know right away.  This helps us make sure no one is accessing your account without your knowledge.

Want to change the way you pay your eBay seller fees and reimbursements?

To mangage your Payment Agreement, log in to your account, go to your Profile and click My money. You can choose your payment method and, if you wish, cancel your Payment Agreement in the "My approved payments" section.

Find out more about paying your Ebay seller fees and funding reimbursements.

Sincerely,

PayPal

UPDATE: I just went in to change it back. It shows it was setup yesterday and that the billing limit was set to $300,000 per month lol! The email states that if we didnt do this then someone could be using our account without our knowledge but WHY would someone hack our account just to set it up to pay eBay fees we dont have???

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.