transfer question

Lizzya22
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i have a quick question. I closed my bank account a few months ago, so i transferred a small amount of my paypal balance to my boyfriend's bank. my question is; is there a difference when transferring when you click on the bank link rather than card link when prompted? because I was hoping itd even show a pending transaction in his records (its a chase debit) but it does not, whereas on my paypal it says that it has been completed. I just want the money asap. ppl.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

the payment could bounce and come back to Paypal,YOU JUST HOPE IT will come back to your Paypal account.

keep linking other people 's card or bank account,Paypal could restrict your account for 180 days and adios forever.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lizzya22

1. You can't withdraw funds to a card in the US.

2. Are you sending that payment to your b/f paypal account as you can't send direct to another persons bank account.

3. Have you linked and confirmed his bank account to YOUR paypal account, if so then the transfer will probably fail as the name of the paypal account and bank account have to be the same.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lizzya22
Contributor
Contributor

you can't withdraw funds to a card? so what did i do? & yeah i linked his debit card account to my paypal, i edited the message and added a picture of the transaction. i thought about it after that it might not work because we have different names.can customer service undo that transaction? ive been calling but it keeps telling me they're closed.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

the payment could bounce and come back to Paypal,YOU JUST HOPE IT will come back to your Paypal account.

keep linking other people 's card or bank account,Paypal could restrict your account for 180 days and adios forever.

Login to Me Too

Lizzya22
Contributor
Contributor

i spoke to customer service and solved the issue, thanks guys!

Login to Me Too

Lizzya22
Contributor
Contributor

she said it was fine but the money will be on the account by tuesday due to holidays.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.