iPad Orientation and User Access

StudentAngler
New Community Member

Can someone point me to two areas.  I have just downloaded the PayPal app onto my iPad to sell raffle tickets for a non profit.  We are planning to put the iPad in an enclosure kiosk for safety.  The app is always in portrait mode and then goes to landscape when the signature page comes up for the CC reader.  Is there a way to force the orientation or is the app written this poorly that it does not understand simple orientation?

Also how can I set up a more standard user account for students to rum the app and cc reader.  If I have them use the one I set up they have full permissions to do just about anything including moving money.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

The first part of your question is probably best for Tech Support assistance.

As for your second question, assuming you have a Business Account, there's a feature which allows you to add users to your account and grant specific permissions.   You assign a User ID (not an email address) and a Password - as the account owner, only you can change the Password.  The easiest method for adding users is via your account using your web browser  (you can also do this through the app but, the navigation can be a bit tricky).   The info here explains the setup process for adding users.

Once you get your users setup with both their User ID and Password, you can test everything on the app.   Login to the PayPal Here app as you (same as you would login to your PayPal account),  press the menu button (top left), then Settings, then User Management, you should see your authorized users.  Next press the < to go back to settings, then press the menu button, at this point you can Log Out.   To test the users, on the main screen for logging in, press the 3 dots at the top right of the screen, then press Switch accounts.   There you can enter one of the User IDs you setup (not an email address) and Password that you assigned.  You may see a Security Challenge like I'm not a robot, that's normal to proceed.  To logout, press the menu button (top left), then Log Out (bottom of the screen), then Log Out again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.