What is going on with my account?

DeepsRepus
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to verify my identity, phone number didnt work so I used ID. They accpet that but still limit my account, paypal says they need more information, then I get an email saying my account is permantly limited. Then I get an email saying my account acsess has been restored. And then finally it says my account is still limited because they need more information. What did I do wrong and how can I give paypal more information? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Apparently PayPal saw some of your recent activity as suspicious and risky.  PayPal made it clear that you were attempting to use a phone number that wasn't registered to your name.  You continued to try to use that phone number.  You need to use a phone number that is registered to your name and address--the same same and address you have on your PayPal account. 

There may also be more identification requirements.  If you, you must comply.

Login to Me Too

DeepsRepus
Contributor
Contributor

Well my number is registered under my parents name because its on their plan. Am I **bleep**? 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need a phone registered to your name--no exceptions.  Solution:  get a phone number registered in your own name and address.

Attempting to use ID which is not your own may get your account permanently limited with a email stating PayPal will no longer do business with you.  Submitting incorrect information is a serious issue.

Login to Me Too

DeepsRepus
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't fake anything, I did use my ID, and my phone number, but I guess my phone number isn't registred under my name 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You are using a phone number not registered to your name.  PayPal will interpret that as a problem; PayPal would interpet such attempts to use identification that is not yours a potential fraud.  When you attempt to use ID which is not your own; it is a serious problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.