Unable to link Bank of America account to Paypal

spicermichael88
Contributor
Contributor

I have read other posts on the subject, but I am still having the same problem:
I am trying to link my Bank of America account to Paypal, but I continue to get the message "You cannot add a bank at this time". I realize BoA has 3 different routing numbers (paper/electronic/wire), but I have tried all three and keep getting the same message. I've also tried changing the name of the bank to "BofA", "BoA", "Bank of America" and "Bank of America, N.A.". None of these options work. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

natalyc
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I've contacted paypal several times, they always give me some bs answers like my bank account is a payoneer virtual account(it's not! it's a traditional one!), or sometimes they say it's my bank whose not allowing the linkage. I contact my bank account and they say it must be an error on paypal's end. I'm so frustrated right now, paypal isn't doing anything. 😞

Login to Me Too

John_SR
New Community Member

Bank of America, N.A.

Login to Me Too

Georg111
New Community Member
I'have at the same problems, problems with post account to paypal account, this is a very very dificil...
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There shouldn't be a problem for a U. S. acount by a U S. resident linking to a U. S. bank branch. If you still have problem, then it's time for a phone call to PayPal support.

Login to Me Too

jducati
New Community Member

Same problem, different user.  I thought it could be an intermittent problem, and I've been trying all day today.  After running across this, it is clearly a global issue.  Earlier today, I got a screen to select a bank, enter my login/pass for that bank, then that kept failing for BOA.  Now, I am going back to use my Regions account, and they have disabled that screen all together.  I get a generic page to enter the routing and account number.  Must be a PayPal problem...

Login to Me Too

randomname42
New Community Member

don't have any suggestions but wondering if you got it worked out?

my boa account's been linked for years but never really used my paypal account for much more than occasional ebay bids ~ now looking into using it to fund an account for my teenager but unsure if boa will charge any fees...? 

Login to Me Too

natalyc
Contributor
Contributor

I got it worked out finally after several messages sent to paypal on facebook. They had me upload a void check and a bank statement. For some reason they thought my bank account was a "payoneer account". 

Login to Me Too

spicermichael88
Contributor
Contributor
Natalyc, Who would I contact about uploading a void check? it seems strange that you could only get help via the PayPal Facebook page.
Login to Me Too

natalyc
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I thought so too, but I guess normal customer service just didn't want to do their job right and leave the issue unsolved. I posted publicaly on the paypal fb page and they quickly told me to message them privately about the issue. There were several representatives who helped me out, Leslie, Ashley and Michelle.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.