Two accounts, One with money in it, one with negative balance.

Casem
New Community Member

Ok, So here is the run down.

I had a PayPal account 5+ years ago that was put into a substantial negative balance due to some issues with Ebay and personal mistakes. Since then, I haven't really used PayPal. I need PayPal for some things now and I have a good paying job to be able to payback what PayPal took care of on my behalf and mistakes. I came back not to long ago and couldn't get into the old account. "Sorry we can't sign you in." So I made a new account and everything was working fine. I was able to add money, send money, buy things, add bank and card info, and it even let me add my SSN. Then, all of a sudden after a couple of months, my account gets restricted. Say's I needed to provide a copy of my ID and provide a statement from my credit card. So I did. Then it get's unrestricted and immediately restricted again stating that I need to resolve issues with the older account that I mentioned earlier. Now, I'm not surprised that this happened. However, it won't let me sign into the account. It's not a password issue because I don't get the same error message as you normally would when you enter the incorrect password. With all this being said;

• How do I go about taking care of this issue?
  • Is there a way for them to consolidate the debt into the account I have now and restrict me until I pay the debt in full?
  • How do I sign into an account that seems to have been restricted from me even being able to log in to it?

Any and all replies are appreciated but please do not patronize me with the problems and mistakes I made 5+ years ago. I know what happened sucks and was wrong. I am striving to be a better person. So let's keep the comments to solutions and keep the hate to a minimum.

Thanks,

Casem

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

best is to call Paypal and ask to speak to some rep in the past due collections dept.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you have a past account with a debt all new accounts will eventially get restricted.

A phone call is probably your only option.

Was the debt with your old account settled with a debt collector service?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DPCreations wrote:

When you have a past account with a debt all new accounts will eventially get restricted.

A phone call is probably your only option.

Was the debt with your old account settled with a debt collector service?

good question,what if he settles with the debt collector service?

you know they hire all these people sitting in cubicles,all they do is dialing and dialing .

so if he does,the debit collection is happy since they paid penny on the dollars,but what about Paypal?

I bet you it is still sitting in his old Paypal account as WHOLE,like an old hag who never forget past grievances !

thats why he needs to call Paypal and speak with a 'workout 'rep,I bet you he can bargain with them and pay them a sum ,forgive and forget,who does not like the green moola ??

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My guess would be a debt settled with a debt collector for less than full v alue, would permanently lock the account and prevent a fuure account since the member has a bad record.

If the debt was never settled, then the member could probably settle it and restore the account, but a phone call would be needed.

I don't think PayPal would settle for partial payment by the account holder, at least not if the account holder want's future access.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.