Tax ID Numbers - LLC

hollywoodrobe
Contributor
Contributor

I started a small business with a partner and we didnt anticipate that many sales this quickly,  We are in the process of turning it into a LLC and getting a new TIN.   Although we havent met the threshold for this year for 200 orders and $20k, its asking me to enter in a social or TIN?  Once our LLC is processed, can I change the social to the right TIN for the business??  I don't want any surprises when we file taxes next year.  Ive read you can request a change form from paypal, but want to make sure that info is current, and how do you request the form, what is the turn around time, etc.

Paypal has currently disabled our ability to process payments.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Denise

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi hollywoodrobe,

Once you receive your TIN# you can add it to your PayPal account by calling PayPal directly. The customer support agent will send you an email with the proper documents you would need to fill out and send in to get that changed.

Please understand that once a SSN# is added to the PayPal account it cannot be removed, however if you add a TIN to your account your funds will be reported to the on file.

If you are still experiencing the ability to process payments, please click on 'Contact Us' or you may reach us at

Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

I hope that helps.

-Susie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.