Quicken with the new Paypal Credit

ericarm
Contributor
Contributor

I have always used Quicken to manage my financial business but after Paypal did away with Bill Me Later I can no longer download the informtion I need.  Has anyone found a way to use Quiken with Paypal Credit? If I can't use my financial management program this puts Papal on the to be dropped list.  I'd love to hear if anyone has a solution to this.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You may want to follow-up with PayPal Credit customer support:

https://www.billmelater.com/contact/index.xhtml

Login to Me Too

ericarm
Contributor
Contributor

@snowshoe wrote:

You may want to follow-up with PayPal Credit customer support:

https://www.billmelater.com/contact/index.xhtml

Thanks so mch for the suggestion but I was immediately sent right back to PayPal.  This is a less than stellar website with little option in receiving any meaningful information from them. It appears they have no support available to those of us who had been Bill Me Later customers (even those of us that had used the service since 2005)!

Login to Me Too

zt99
Contributor
Contributor

I created a Paypal Credit Account in Quicken (2014) by doing the following:

Open Account List in Quicken (ctrl/A), then click Add an Account;

In the Add account dialogue, select  CHECKING that is listed under spending and savings;

Enter  "Paypal"  in the Enter the Name of your bank search box, and select it from the results list, then click NEXT

Enter your Paypal ID and Password credentials (NOT the ones for Bill me Later) and check the "save this password" checkbox if you wish to avoid entering it each time you update, then click NEXT;

Quicken will then do its thing and go online to log into your account.

I was then presented with two accounts found, one being Paypal Credit, the other being my regular paypal activity.

For the regular paypal activity account, choose "IGNORE" from the dropdown box if you do not wish to have those transactions downloaded. This is what I did, since I enter my purchases manually as they occur.

For the Paypal Credit account, leave the dropdown default of "ADD" and change the Nickname to your liking.

This worked for me and a new Paypal Credit account was added. I had no outstanding balance, so what may download will depend on your recent activity.

As far as any old Bill Me Later account you may still have active in Quicken, you should deactivate online services. You may also Hide it in the accounts list, if desired.

If you were using online bill pay for your Bill Me Later account, you may want to delete that online payee and add one for Paypal Credit. (I think everything is the same except the name, so you may be able to just edit BML to PPC).

Good luck

Login to Me Too

tomscot2
Contributor
Contributor

That worked. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

W1ZZ-K1D
New Community Member

I tried this several times and I only get the Primary account.
Has anyone been able to get the Paypal Credit transactions to set up and download within the last 2 weeks?

Login to Me Too

jboyett
New Community Member

Thank you sooo much!! It was driving me crazy having to manually transfer transactions from my PayPal account into my Bill Me Later account. Since I already had a Bill Me Later account set up I just linked the new PayPal Credit to that and now I don't have to retype any info! 

Login to Me Too

LisainIL
New Community Member

This worked for me too.  But instead of choosing ADD for the Paypal Credit account, I just LINKed it to my old Bill Me Later credit account that I already had in Quicken.  (I had disconnected the online services for this account since they were no longer working.)

Login to Me Too

zt99
Contributor
Contributor

@LisainIL wrote:

This worked for me too.  But instead of choosing ADD for the Paypal Credit account, I just LINKed it to my old Bill Me Later credit account that I already had in Quicken.  (I had disconnected the online services for this account since they were no longer working.)

Lisa,

LINKing the Paypal Credit info to the existing Bill Me Later account does make more sense. Excellent point !!  I don't know why I did not do that in my case, since I ended up with two accounts. Just goes to show that people in ILLinois are smart AND helpful.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Feesch
New Community Member

Searched for an answer to this and found your beautifully detailed instrctuins. Worked like a charm!!  Thank you so much!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.