Paypal removed my Bank Account and won't let me add it again.

Empixel
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Some days ago, my bank account data mysteriously vanished from my Paypal account. I received no warning, no emails, nothing about it. It simply disappeared without a trace, and I noticed it when I tried to withdraw from it to my bank account.

Now, I'm trying to add it back, and Paypal simply won't let me. It's been one entire week now of Paypal refusing to accept the account. The error message says that it is temporarily unable to load the page - all while the page still keeps loading anyway forever. The message has nothing to do with errors on the account or wrong data, but with a server issue or internet connection (my internet connection is perfect, therefore it's not the case).

Important info:
- I'm brazilian and I use the brazilian Paypal.
- The bank account is also on a brazilian bank. It is the same exact account I used before Paypal mysteriously removed it.

- The bank is accepted by the Paypal system.
- The card linked on the account is a credit card.

I REALLY need to withdraw this money as fast as possible. What happened? How can I fix this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Empixel

Hi your best bet is to contact customer services and see if they can add it for you manually or see what the problem is.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Empixel

Hi your best bet is to contact customer services and see if they can add it for you manually or see what the problem is.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Empixel
Contributor
Contributor

Well, it seems I'll have to call them indeed.

Sending an email doesn't work - they send an automatic email back even though they ask for you to specify the issue.

Contacting them through Facebook doesn't work either - they simply ignore me. I'll try twitter, but I'll most likely need to call them.

Login to Me Too

Empixel
Contributor
Contributor

OK, here's an update:

-I contacted Paypal through Facebook and Twitter. There was no initial response.
-Two days later they made contact with me asking for my email. I provided it imediatelly.

-On the third day I received a message on both my Twitter and Facebook telling me they had "unblocked the account".

-I tried entering the bank account again, it worked imediatelly.

So, all in all, everything is good once more Smiley Happy

So, for anyone who finds this message: I contacted Paypal through Twitter AND Facebook at the same time. The issue was not imediatelly addressed, but two days later they made contact with me.

The issue was solved quickly with me just providing my email and nothing else. But on my opening message I made sure to detail the issue to the best of my capabilities.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Empixel

Thank you very much for the update.

Paypal are not the quickest but sorting things in a couple of days is not too bad i guess  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ahidsabbir
New Community Member

Hi.

I am facing the same problem. I send a e-mail to them. Hope they reply soon. 

And thanks for the info.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

email will not solve the problem.  You need direct contact by phone, twiter, Facebook.

Read how the previous person solved the problem:  not by email.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.