Paypal cannot transfer money to Capital One 360

Bent
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off the phone with a Paypal representative who I asked to help me transfer money from my Paypal account to my linked Captial One 360 checking account. He stated, in a nutshell, that Paypal does not allow transfers to Capital One 360 accounts. Period.

I would take him at his word, but a quick Google search for "paypal does not allow transfers to capital one 360" yields no confirmation whatsoever, and a search for "Capital One 360" on these forums yields nothing either. It just seems extremely strange that Paypal not playing nice with a huge bank like Capital One 360 leads to no internet commentary whatsoever!

Can someone explain to me what is going on?

Ben

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

myusernameishi
Contributor
Contributor
"Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later." I am unable to link my Capital One 360 checking account to PayPal. It doesn't even try.
Login to Me Too

RockMonkey
Contributor
Contributor

I attempted to link my CapOne360 Savings account today and also receive this message "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later"

Login to Me Too

myusernameishi
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same issue. I called and the rep asked me "public profile?" questions, verified my identity and went ahead and linked and activated my capital one 360 checking for me. I didn't have to beg or anything.
Login to Me Too

RockMonkey
Contributor
Contributor

I called paypal and they said everything seemed ok but the verify deposits never went into my paypal account, so the accounts couldn't be connected. They said there was nothing they could do about it on their end.

Login to Me Too

surlyclint
New Community Member

i have been getting this same error message for like a month now. I guess i have to call them??

Login to Me Too

nacho15
New Community Member

I just finished speaking to a paypal rep. and she told me that for security reasons they cannot link CapitalOne 360 accounts because they are what she called "virtual banks"... I guess from the comments above this is a hit or miss situation... 

Login to Me Too

myusernameishi
Contributor
Contributor

After 4 times calling in and linking the account then attempting to transfer $20 from PP balance to my 360 checking and then a few days later it was "rejected" and my account unlinked from PayPal I said **bleep** it. I moved my business to Square.

Login to Me Too

reimatos1014
New Community Member
That is a load of bull because my wife has her 360 account linked to her PayPal account and she transfers money to and from PayPal to her capital one bank account.
Login to Me Too

inTank
Contributor
Contributor

I have been transfering money from PP to a Capital 360 savings account for years.  Never had an issue. 

Now this is a savings and not a checking account.  It used to be an ING account before Capital One purchased them.

Login to Me Too

becominglessme
New Community Member

A few days ago I opened up a 360 checking account in my name. Yesterday, I opened up a 360 savings. Today, I opened up a Paypal account and I'm trying to link my 360 Savings account. It gives me the same error message "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later."

For one, how about giving a little more specific information about what is going on? Seriously Paypal. Do you ever think of your customers? 

OK, so I also tried my 360 checking but that didn't work either. I'm assuming it is a new policy that they don't allow you to connect to 360 accounts. And if you already had an account linked when they established that security measure, then you're good. If anyone has recently connected to their 360 account, please share about it here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.