Paypal cannot transfer money to Capital One 360

Bent
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off the phone with a Paypal representative who I asked to help me transfer money from my Paypal account to my linked Captial One 360 checking account. He stated, in a nutshell, that Paypal does not allow transfers to Capital One 360 accounts. Period.

I would take him at his word, but a quick Google search for "paypal does not allow transfers to capital one 360" yields no confirmation whatsoever, and a search for "Capital One 360" on these forums yields nothing either. It just seems extremely strange that Paypal not playing nice with a huge bank like Capital One 360 leads to no internet commentary whatsoever!

Can someone explain to me what is going on?

Ben

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Bent
Contributor
Contributor

If some of you could could confirm that you either can or cannot transfer money to your Capital One 360 account from Paypal, that would be helpful. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Yeni6898
Contributor
Contributor

I can from classic site only. A rep just told me that too but you can. It just makes me verify tons of info each time. I don't know why. Capital one 360 was one of their bank choices listed when adding an account. It doesn't make sense. You can add it, it just doesn't work properly.

Login to Me Too

rokkee
Contributor
Contributor

I am able to transfer money from Paypal to my CapitalOne 360 with no problem.

Login to Me Too

markpk
New Community Member

I cant link my capital one 360 account either 

Login to Me Too

npaler01
New Community Member
I was just trying to add an ING (CapOne 360) account to PayPal and it wouldn't let me. Not to the routing/account #, and not to a card associated to that account. I also tried another account there. No luck.
Login to Me Too

Ashleyn315
I linked my capital one 360 checking account, transferred $19 and in 4 days the transfer was successful. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you but it worked for me.
Login to Me Too

Cimmarion
Contributor
Contributor

Recently opened a 360 Checking specifically for faster ACH. First payment went through no problem, each subsequent one redirected me to /wdfunds (old site).

Asks for manual verification (phone call or text message), and confirms np. After verification I'm logged out and brought to the /wdfunds login for an endless verification loop.

Each phone call gets me a transfer except my most recent: "You can also send money to friends or family, or make purchases. Otherwise I would suggest waiting a few hours for your transfer as PayPal has millions of users worldwide, and may take time to process these requests."

Withdrew to my laggardly credit union tonight in disgust.

Login to Me Too

BlondieStoop
Contributor
Contributor

Even this is a couple of months old, I have a feeling this could be the reason:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/87078-capital-one-360-no-longer-accepted-pp.html

Typically the capital one accounts are used exclusively for what they call "stealth" accounts. Apparently PayPal picked up with them and tend to blacklist them or require extensive verification for it.

Login to Me Too

Bent
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the replies and information!

As an update to my situation, I was able to transfer money to my Capital One 360 checking account today (or at least Paypal has confirmed that they are transferring the money). Apparently, whatever problem or security issue that was present before has been worked out.

One thing that I forgot to mention before was that I previously had the 360 account linked to my other Paypal account (which I used exclusively for Ebay purchases). Then I unlinked it and then linked it to my new Paypal account. Perhaps that caused some confusion in the system or triggered a security measure (or perhaps Paypal was cautious about allowing transfers to a relatively new Capital One 360 account from a new Paypal account).

Anyway, I'm glad that I won't have to open a new bank account just for the sake of transferring money from Paypal! 😛

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.