PayPal.Me Link Name change?

Krieeez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there, my name is Thorsten and I am a freelance designer on Steam. I use the PayPal.me link to get money on there if that is the paying method my customer prefers, however, the PayPal.me link shows my entire last name and the place I live in. Is it possible to change those things to my pseudonym and only the state I live in rather than these pieces of information?

I couldn't find anything directly like this so any answer would be appreciated, if someone already asked this and got answers and I overlooked that post, then feel free to just link me the post instead. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Krieeez

Afraid you can't, that is why this page states  >>

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/pages/faqs

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Krieeez
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah but the thing is, I didn't even get the chance to edit any options. That's why I want to get the chance to edit it. When I made it, the only thing I was allowed to edit was the color of it, and the link itself. That's all.

Login to Me Too

acmc
Contributor
Contributor

lifstr
Contributor
Contributor

It is a shame.  We are expected to create a new tool that can never be changed, but without any way to try it out so we can understand the ramifications of our choices.  

Login to Me Too

lifstr
Contributor
Contributor

When I created my PayPal.me account, I had no idea that there would only ever be one possible PayPal.me link that I could create.  Now I'm stuck with something that does not work for me.  I have no idea why PayPal wouldn't offer the edit option, or at least let a person make more than one PayPal.me link.  But more importantly, it would have been a much better idea for PayPal to have said more than just "you won't be able to edit this".  PayPal should have said "this is the only link you ever get and you will not be able to edit it once you create it".  

Now my PayPal.me link is essentially useless for me.  I can't even get rid of the stupid thing.

Login to Me Too

Erameline
New Community Member

I completely agree, this is a huge privacy issue. I'm going to have to open a separate bank account and create a separate PayPal account for things that are non-family, friend- related. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.