Name change instructions

Becca_R
New Community Member

I found the instructions for how to change your name after marriage/divorce. Now I'm wondering how to make sense of what PayPal wrote there. I've pasted them below for the community's convenience. See the text I've highlighted in red. Does this mean that if my current photo identification shows my new name already that I only need to send that or that I need to send the current photo identification &, regardless of whether my name is corrrect on it or not, my marriage license as well? It seems like many members of the community have had trouble getting their names changed. If anyone did this successfully, what did you send?

Instructions per PayPal (US) site as of 11/30/17:

Personal Name Change

To process your name change request, you need to fax in additional information. Please provide a current photo identification and one of the other following documents:

1. A copy of a valid photo identification showing your new name.
    Acceptable forms of photo identification are a driver's license, passport, or any other state or government issued photo identification.
  2. A copy of the court-issued document showing your name change (e.g., marriage certificate-license, divorce decree, deed poll).
<snipped>
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.