Limited account and new account

Simko
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

For some time my account has been limited and there's no way to resolve the limitation due to the nature of payments I recieved.

I do know the paypal balance can be transfered to other paypal account after 180days from last payment recieved.

If I create another paypal account with different email, add a card and transfer the paypal balance to new account,

I would use the balance to purchase something. Would this by any chances get my account limited again?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

One can only have 2 accounts-business and personal.

after 180 days,PAYPAL will return your money,you dont have t o transfer to another account,besides if it is restricted ,you have no access to the account,so how can you transfer any balance. 

Login to Me Too

Simko
Contributor
Contributor

By new account I meant a completely new paypal account under different email address.

Since the card is not linked to the paypal account, nothing can be returned. It's just held for the duration of 180 days, after that I am supposed to recieve an email that funds are released.

The account is not blocked, just limited. There's a number of things one must do in order for limitatio nto be removed (like send image of your ID, invoices,...).

When I called paypal support I was told the paypal balance can still be transferred to another paypal account (family members and so on).

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

by new account I meant a completely new paypal account under different email address.

-------

but if it is still you with your name,address,phone number and SS number.

and when you link your bank and credit card,it would be the same name.

Login to Me Too

Simko
Contributor
Contributor

yes exactly, everything would be the same except the email address

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you can still transfer balance to another account,so what kind of limitation is placed on your account?

Login to Me Too

Simko
Contributor
Contributor

Well I can't yet because 180 days hasn't passed by since last transaction but after that I will be able to send message to paypal and tell them what email should they transfer the balance to.

Then it takes 3-5 working days for paypal to do that and after that it's done.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

we can have only 2 accounts,one personal and one business.

to determine how many accounts we have,Paypal go by your name ,not your email address.

your name,your address,your SS number,your bank account,your credit card

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.