I cannot change my primary email on my Student Account.

mevelyn
Contributor
Contributor

I messaged PayPal Customer Support about this problem and their response was unhelpful, so I'm hoping that somebody here might be able to help me out.

Here are the details:
I have a Student Account.
I am trying to change my primary email.
According to PayPal Customer Support, the first steps I need to take to add my new email are, "Log in to the Student PayPal account. Click Account profile. Click Change. Click Add. [...]"
This is what happens when I try to follow the steps:

1. "Log in to the Student PayPal account." This works.
  2. "Click Account profile." This works.
  3. "Click Change." This works, and brings me to a screen that looks like this. (link)
  4. "Click Add." I can't do this, as shown in the screenshot linked above. The page has no "Add" button on it.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mevelyn
Contributor
Contributor

Just in case anyone else is having this problem, I finally fixed it by calling Customer Support so that an employee could manually change my email. Apparently what happened to me is a known issue and at this point there is really no way to fix it without calling.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You might need approval from your parents' account.

Login to Me Too

mevelyn
Contributor
Contributor

I was finally able to access my parents' account to check. From their account, when my Student Account is pulled up, where the "Change" button should be on the "Account profile" tab, it just says "Only *my name* can change the email address."

Thanks for the idea, though! Do you know of anything else I could try?

Login to Me Too
Solved

mevelyn
Contributor
Contributor

Just in case anyone else is having this problem, I finally fixed it by calling Customer Support so that an employee could manually change my email. Apparently what happened to me is a known issue and at this point there is really no way to fix it without calling.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.