Customer Service said won't change phone number for Security text and sent me on a fools errand

PPChar

I changed my phone number correctly in paypal a while back, and its showing in my account. But I called a week ago to fix the problem with my old number still showing when I try to get a login text. I was told my provider had to block paypal on my old number. My provider knew it was false, but tried to help. They ported me back to my old number and explained there's no way t block on a text, but that I could type "stop" to paypal, trying to help me best they could. It didn't work so an afternoon of troubleshooting of my time is LOST only to find out the customer service agent at paypal lied to me because you CANT block on a text from my old or new or ANY phone number. That's complete nonesense. But I did my best by typing STOP on the paypal string, and lost a great deal of time, now in order to log in, I always have to use my security questions or call my new phone. Texting will never be an option again because Paypal is horrible. They need to fix this. THEY ROBBED ME of an ENTIRE AFTERNOON with my provider, when I had so much to do. I work hard and they STOLE MY LIFE that day. For something that is totally FALSE. And its still not fixed. 
All the strings that people typed about this problem convenienetly are blocked from kudos or replies. I hope another service comes along that wipes this company out of existence. Clearly this is MASS problem of extensive size with extensive amount of users being HARMED.

In the mean time, if anyone has a fix, please let me know, because I'm left to believe by PayPal, too bad, not even so sad.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.