Credit card

legitplayer12
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to link my credit card and it says error, I didn't make any mistake while putting my credit card informations! What's happening?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

With a credit card there is a "Billing Address" associated with it, which would be the address you gave when you applied for and obtained the card.  If that address is not one of the addresses in your PayPal account then the card cannot be confirmed, and that could be causing the problem.  So the address would be whatever address you provided when you got the card.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
So you're talking about actually adding the card, or are you trying to confirm/verify it after adding it? Can you provide a screenshot of exactly the error message you're seeing, or is it literally nothing more than the word "Error"?
Login to Me Too

legitplayer12
Contributor
Contributor
It's about adding the card, I tried to add it a time ago and it said it couldn't be added or it was being rejected, after I tried to add it more time, it said somethings more error.. What's happening?
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Can you provide a screenshot of the error you are seeing? Seems like there must be more detail provided..??

Do you have the address associated with the credit card included in your PayPal account profile already? If not, I would try adding that and see if it helps. It could be trying to confirm when you add it, but without the address it would fail.

Login to Me Too

legitplayer12
Contributor
Contributor
I can't add screenshot right now but I'll add it later in few hours, but you teling me that I should I add my credit card address to my PayPal address? I have mistertango mastercard card, I ordered it trough the internet, how do I know the address of the card to put on PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

your card is not accepted,either it has already been added to another account,or Paypal does not recognise your card

Login to Me Too
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

With a credit card there is a "Billing Address" associated with it, which would be the address you gave when you applied for and obtained the card.  If that address is not one of the addresses in your PayPal account then the card cannot be confirmed, and that could be causing the problem.  So the address would be whatever address you provided when you got the card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.