Confirming a secondary email

ismaeltrompete
Contributor
Contributor

I have a secondary email in Pay Pal but I am not able to confirm it. When I try to access my pay pal account using it, I need a password or I have to answer to security questions. The problem is that I do not have a password for it nor answers for the security questions because I never know how to do it. The information I have only works for my primary email. Why does Pay pal allow me to have a secondary address if I cannot use it?

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you no follow the instructions on the PayPal web site to confirm the secondary email address?  That's the place to start.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Well, that creates a problem.  You could phone PayPal customer service for help.  If they can identify you by phone, they can fix things.  If you can't provide sufficient information to identify your acocunt, then there may not be a solution.  If you can, then make sure you never forget important account information.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why are you not logging on to PayPal with your primary email address?

Login to Me Too

ismaeltrompete
Contributor
Contributor
I am logging with my primary address, but I want to confirm the secondary because I have some money to receive for a research I did. The payer sent the payment to my secondary email, but I did not know it was unconfirmed.
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you no follow the instructions on the PayPal web site to confirm the secondary email address?  That's the place to start.

Login to Me Too

ismaeltrompete
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I tried. To reset the password for this email I can choose to receive a phone call in a phone number I don't have anymore, or to answer to security questions I don't have the answer to. I am really upset because I am not able to change any of the settings.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why are you trying to reset your password?  Adding a secondary email does not change any passwords.

You add a secondary email; you confirm it.  That's all.

You continue to log on with your primary email.

Specifcally, what are you doing and what are you trying to do?  At this point I have no clue about the actual steps you are taking.

Login to Me Too

ismaeltrompete
Contributor
Contributor
I am accessing my account with my primary email. When I try to confirm my secondary email, I can't because I don't have the right answers for the security questions.
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Well, that creates a problem.  You could phone PayPal customer service for help.  If they can identify you by phone, they can fix things.  If you can't provide sufficient information to identify your acocunt, then there may not be a solution.  If you can, then make sure you never forget important account information.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

we are allowed up t o 8 email addresses for one Paypal account,your client may send you payment to a different email address,but the fund is comingled,so if you log on with your primary emai,you should see the payment there.

I have not used it for years,but I think this is how it works.check to see if the payment is there.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is only one PAYPAL balance per account,not per email address,see if the payment for the secondary account is there.

then tell your client not to send payment to that email address anymore,you need to be more organised !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.