Can't verify phone number

Phyremaster
Contributor
Contributor

I can easily connect my phone number to my account, but I cannot verify my identity using it. The website claims there was an error, and refuses to do anything. Thanks to this, and the fact that the website is also not accepting my marking of the order as processed, I'm going to have to wait eleventy bajillion forevers to get my money. Please tell me how to fix this, if you happen to know. It's worth mentioning that my phone service uses VOIP phone numbers, which may be causing an issue.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phyremaster wrote:

It's worth mentioning that my phone service uses VOIP phone numbers, which may be causing an issue.

That could be why.  Use a number connected to a real phone or real cell phone line.  PayPal like real banks, real cards, real phone lines.  None of this virtual stuff apparently as it can be link from anywhere and anyone.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Phyremaster
Contributor
Contributor

It is linked to an actual phone with actual service. Actually though, I seem to have bypassed the phone verification by answering some questions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.