Can't set up new account

digitalwiz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to set up an account for a non-profit group that I'm involved with. Here's what happens:

1. I click Sign Up
  2. Select Business Account
  3. Select standard
  4. Enter email address

Upon clicking Next, I get a log in screen with my email address and password. I try entering the same email I entered in step 4 along with a new password and it says that some of the info is wrong, or words to that effect.

I talked to an agent a little while ago and she determined that the email I was trying to use already has a PayPal account associated with it. OK, so I went back through the sign up steps and entered an email that I'm pretty sure is not associated with a PayPal account and I got the same behavior.

What's up?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

digitalwiz
Contributor
Contributor

Turned out our group already had a PayPal account. I suggest the problem is that when you try to open an account, if the email address is already linked to an account, the site should warn you rather than going to the login page.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Do you have another PayPal account and did you ever have a PayPal account?

Who else uses your email addresses?

What name did you use for signing up the PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

digitalwiz
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have my own PayPal account. As for the account I'm trying to create, I don't know who monitors/uses that email address. I've sent a message to our president asking if there's any possibility a PayPal account already exists.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What name is on the new PayPal acocunt as the owner?

Login to Me Too

digitalwiz
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't gotten that far.

Login to Me Too
Solved

digitalwiz
Contributor
Contributor

Turned out our group already had a PayPal account. I suggest the problem is that when you try to open an account, if the email address is already linked to an account, the site should warn you rather than going to the login page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.