Can't remove Credit Card

detroitstar
New Community Member

hey guys,

trying to remove my credit card but I always get "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later." I made a purchase like 3 weeks ago and its not Pending. I tried 3 different browser (Edge, Chrome and Firefox) still the same. Any idea how to do that without calling Paypal ? 

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Call customer services for assistance.  This is user to user forums and we do not have access to others' account or technical back end stuff.  You can also contact PayPal through Facebook or Twitter.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

mrbungee
New Community Member

I am having this same problem.  I need to delete an old mailing address, which is linked to an old credit card.  If I try to delete the credit card, I get the same error message - "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later."  This has been happening for the past month or two.

Login to Me Too

Scuttlescub_50
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same problem as well. So far no luck.

Login to Me Too

Panama18
New Community Member

I cancelled a credit card with my bank several months ago.  Each time I try to delete it from My Wallet I get the same reply: "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later."   Hey PayPal, how about a little help.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Call customer services for assistance.  This is user to user forums and we do not have access to others' account or technical back end stuff.  You can also contact PayPal through Facebook or Twitter.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kaybee1
New Community Member

PAYPAL, ARE YOU LISTENING?????  I don't think calling customer service is the best solution when multiple users have reported this issue.  Either there is a technical defect that needs to be fixed or some restrictions/instructions that need to be communicated to users via the UI.  

Login to Me Too

jigsawxyouth
New Community Member

This has been an issue for well over a year now. When I went to call to get my now closed bank account and debit card removed; they couldn't do it because of pending transactions. So, am I expected to cancel all of my automatic payments to get them removed?

Login to Me Too

JayGee28
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem and i could not find a solution that related to removing cards, however someone posted a link that might be helpful. Use this link and click on remove next to the card you want to remove. It worked for me but you have to have a second option that can take automatic transfers. 

https://www.paypal.com/am/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-credit-card-new-clickthru&flag_from_account_su...

@detroitstar wrote:

hey guys,

trying to remove my credit card but I always get "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later." I made a purchase like 3 weeks ago and its not Pending. I tried 3 different browser (Edge, Chrome and Firefox) still the same. Any idea how to do that without calling Paypal ? 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.