Blocking International Payments with a Business Account

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

The following 2 settings under Profile Profile and Settings > My Profile > My Selling Tools > Block Payments are missing.

Block payments from users who:

Have non-U.S. PayPal accounts

Block Non-USA shipping addresses

This is on a 10 year old business account and I have other PayPal business accounts where the settings are present.

Anyone know why? I'm receiving international orders which I want to block.

I've called support twice in the past, the first rep said those setting would be back the next time I logged in. That was a few weeks ago.

The second rep said it could have been that I had an old Premier account that was converted to a business account.

I'm waiting for support to call me back again as I post this but need a solution.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Have you tried the Merchant Support Community (just another option for possible help) - there are PayPal Techs there who may be able to help.   PayPal also has a twitter page which is managed by PayPal Employees.

Login to Me Too

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Snow-Cat,

Sorry I didn't get back to you with an update.

On my last post I said I was waiting for CS to call me back, while they did but we got disconnected.

So when I called back I took your advice and asked for Merchant Services. (thank you)

The tech could not find any reason why and tried a few things to no avail, in the end she disabled "Block Non-USA Addresses" manually. While it was a fix, it did prevent me from creating international payment invoices but I could do those with my other PP business account, so it was not a total loss.

However, I recently I discovered those settings under reports just yesterday.

Reports > Checkout (You need to scroll down to where it says PayPal Recommendations)

You can enable/disable

International shipping address

Accept payments with a shipping address outside your country
Accept and convert payments sent in a currency you do not hold

Accept payments from PayPal accounts that are based outside your country

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks for sharing what you found out - much appreciated - will have to check out what you discovered.  

Login to Me Too

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

Well another Canadian order came though even though the setting below is off.

Accept payments with a shipping address outside your country.

Another possible solution is to open a brand new PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

update:

Called Merchant Services. Sent them a of screen shot and source code.

It looks like the on is really off and the verbiage needs to be changed.

Accept payments with a shipping address outside your country

should be:

Block payments with a shipping address outside your country

This is only for the settings under Reports > Checkout

If you still have them under  My Profile >  My Selling Tools > Block Payments they're correct.

Note: Not all accounts have had the settings moved from My Selling Tools to Reports > Checkout

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.