Account suspension help!

jameshamilton99
New Community Member

Yesterday I logged into my PayPal account as usuall to check my balance, noticing a large amount of funds in their that I have been waiting a few days to arive i decide to withdraw them. A message appears stating that my account has been limited because i have gone over a certain threshold. No worries i thought as all i have to do to rase the limitation is to supply a few differnt types of ID. I supply my drivers licence and a bank statement.

The next day i log in to see if anything has been sorted so that i can withdraw my funds and bamn infront of me stands a message that haunts me. "You cant use PayPal anymore" without any adiquate notice or messages regarding the account suspension my account is just shut down. I read down the message "we have noticed activity on your account that is not inline with our user agreement" ummmm.... okay this confused me alot as i havent done anything different than what i have normally done for the past five years that ive had my account. Furthermore i only just submitted legal documents proving who i am so what could i have done wrong?

The most frustrating part is that i am a student, and as most students know accomodation isnt cheap. The money in my PayPal account is the money needed to cover my student accomodation, but in horror i find out i will have to wait 180 days to even access my funds???? How am i supposed to pay my bills know? is PayPal really going to force a 18 year old to go into debt by taking an emergancy loan out just to pay his student accomodation as their not going to release my own money from their services.

It would be great if someone could shed some light onto any reason why i may of been banned and if their is a email adress for anyone higher up in the chain of PayPal command that i can speak to?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jameshamilton99
New Community Member

@PayPal_Olivia It would be great to hear your thoughts on this 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi jameshamilton99,

I'm sorry to hear about the sudden restriction, I know it can be frustrating and confusing to receive this news unexpectedly. Based on what you said in your post it sounds like you're just now 18 years of age, however you've had the account for at least five years. PayPal does not allow anyone under the age of 18 to have a PayPal account, and we have to permanently restrict any accounts created by customers who were not 18, as they didn't legally agree to our Terms of Service.

Typically in these situations, we allow customers to make a new PayPal account after turning 18, as long as there weren't any other issues with the original account. I would advise contacting us to see if the new account is an option and what can be done regarding the funds in the balance. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.