ACH Transfer

bmariconda
Contributor
Contributor

So I use Chase Bank with my paypal to forward money once a month. Chase requires an ACH to waive fees for me. Does anyone know if a Paypal cash transfer to my Chase Checking account is an ACH transaction?? Chase has been no help in answering this and Paypal has a rather Byzantine phone system.

Thanks! Bonnie

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bmariconda
Contributor
Contributor

Yes - honestly I am just being rather cheap about things. Chase wants me to keep $1500 in the checking and I would rather park it somewhere like Etrade that does not require a minimum to avoid fees. Thank you all for the help. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal bank transfer in USA,uses the slowest but free form of ACH,there are 4 levels,ours is the lowest but free.

so you are sending money from Paypal to chase account,why is chase charging you?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

or is it the other way around,from Chase to Paypal?

same deal,slow and free.

but these banks ,dont they count this as withdrawal and we are allowed x number of withdrawals per month Else WE PAY A FEE?

Login to Me Too

bmariconda
Contributor
Contributor

I want to withdraw cash from my Paypal account then deposit electronically to Chase. One way. I don't need to move any money from Chase to Paypal. Chase claims that the incoming transfer from Paypal is not considered a "direct deposit" unless it is payroll (obviously not). I am getting very frustrated by the run around.

Login to Me Too

bmariconda
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I read your second message before the first. No Chase is not charging me a fee per se on Paypal. What they want is a monthly fee for the checking account unless I have a monthly ACH/Direct Deposit to qualify for a waiver. I am guessing it would be easier to just meet their minimum daily balance instead of ripping my hair out in aggravation. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

yes,I have Chase,Paypal transfer is no direct deposit,but your paycheck or ss chck would be.

but dont they have a checking account which is free if you keep so much there.

Login to Me Too
Solved

bmariconda
Contributor
Contributor

Yes - honestly I am just being rather cheap about things. Chase wants me to keep $1500 in the checking and I would rather park it somewhere like Etrade that does not require a minimum to avoid fees. Thank you all for the help. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.