500 (Internal Server Error) when Requesting PayPal Credit's Paperless Statements

drhouse
Contributor
Contributor

At this page (https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/eStatement), it seems my request does not go through. I check the box and click "Receive E-Statements", but I'm met with this HTTP request error:

PUT https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/notificationPreference 500 (Internal Server Error)

Tried on:

• Google Chrome 52.0.2743.116 (Official Build) m (64-bit)
  • Internet Explorer 11.589.10586.0
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

RonF
Contributor
Contributor

Is Paypal the only company in the history of my on line accounts and business transactions that can't figure this out????  I want the paper statement each month like clockwork on the 8th STOPPED, with its big "Look at Me" Paypal Credit logo on the front and back of the envelelope.   14 months ago I started asking with the convoluted method in the Profile section for doing this.  Have to click on paper statements first before you can change it back to E-Statements.  But then every time I go check it it's back to paper statements, and now this morning on 11/10/16 there is not even an option for E-statements any longer.  WHY???!!!

As well I have called on the phone multiple times, wasting my time doing this and on hold over this 14 months, begging and raging even trying to get a human being to do this for me.  But NO.  Nothing ever changes.  The last time I called about 4 months ago a customer service rep finally leveled with me and said it is a known issue and problem they have.  Are you kidding?  Something this simple that every other company I have ever requested this from can figure out .... the IT guys at a rich company like Paypal cannot figure out?

I have also sent them progressively nastier emails every month when a new statement shows up in the mail.  Nothing ever helps.  

This is the first time I have tried vented on this "Community" Forum.  Can someone from the Company PLEASE give an update on what the problem is and when it is going to be fixed???

I'm curious if anyone out there reading this IS even getting E-statements only with the paper statements STOPPED?  And if so, then why can't a customer service person do the same for me, and why does the messed up procedure on line not work when it was finally figured out (kept changing back any) (and apparently from looking at it today, no longer even brings up the E-statement option) ???

PLEASE!!  I'm groveling .... begging .... raging ..... if someone from Paypal is supposed to be reading and helping with problems on this forum ..... Fix this for me and STOP my paper statements.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.