verifying account with entropay? (virtual credit card)

Emmanuel1985
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am living in a foreign country for about 5 years. Since I am not a resident, it makes things a bit difficult to open a credit card account in a local bank (even though it might be possible). I do have a regular bank account but I only have a local debit card with it.

Since i recently opened a website and I am starting earning a bit from it through paypal, I wanted to be able to verify my account to lift restrictions and be sure to be in good standing on paypals side.

Looking around on the net, I came accross entropay.com. I would allow me to get a virtual credit card if I transfer money from my regular bank account to my entropay accont.

The only reason I would do this is to verify my paypal account, so I just wanted to make sure that it is allowed here before going through that process.

If anyone know a little about this it would be very appreciated!

Best regards,

Emmanuel

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Emmanuel1985
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just bumping this message cause apparently none can give me a straight answer regarding this...

Is that kind of a grey area or something?

Even a plain yes or no answer would be helpful. ANYTHING would help. I really need to verify my paypal account 😕

Thanks again.

Emmanuel

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Emmanuel1985, and welcome to the forums!

When verifying your PayPal account, the financial credentials you use must match your name and address. Virtual cards typically will not pass this type of verification. Additionally, virtual cards that are meant to be single-use or limited-use can cause problems as they accumulate on an account. Having many cards over the lifetime of an account is a risk factor that can cause potential problems.

Virtual cards are typically not recommended. A traditional financial credential is needed for the identity verification benefits of this process.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Emmanuel1985
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me, that was very helpfull.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Happy to help!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.