removing expired credit and/or debit cards from wallet & how to disable ebay and paypal echeck link

castroolga
Contributor
Contributor

Please someone give me an answer.  I can I remove expired cards from wallet?  I really don't want to see them there.  Secondly, how do I disable the echeck link between ebay and paypal.  I cannot find an answer anywhere.  I don't want this option because Paypal takes about a week to finalize a payment transaction and payment remains in pending status until then.  That is just ludicrous.  This was supposed to be easier, better and more convenient.  However, that is not the case.  I find Paypal not to be user-friendly anymore.  Olga Castro  

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

mharris30
Contributor
Contributor
I just resolved this after a month or so! I figured that 2as long enough for these "phantom transactions" ton drop off. No such luck. I had to make another card default, wait a few days for that to setthe in. Remove any EBAY transactions (in my case the link between the two systems created some type of ongoing transaction, and then call into PayPal, speak tobacco representative, and the old card was deleted and new card added (no editing a current card no matter what I tried). Don't even km now the final issue but appears to be a bug on the PayPal Web site application / PayPay back-end applicatiin, and/or Credit Card and financial info security IMO. That's my technical opinion as someone in the IT industry, but just an educated guess, no more. You have to talk to a rep, no online solution AFAIK.
Login to Me Too

mharris30
Contributor
Contributor
LOL - funny reading my response with auto-correct. Not sure what tobacco has to do with PayPal transactions, but reply back if you aren't able to make sense of my last response.. 😉
Login to Me Too

alzondahero
Contributor
Contributor

@PitaPain

Hi!

This issue normally happens if there is an "Order" pending on your Paypal account. The system treats this as unfinished transactions and needs to be closed down on the sellers end. Have you tried calling customer service to have your account checked? you can also contact them via facebook or twitter.

If this is not the case then it could be something else.

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

alzondahero
Contributor
Contributor

@Boba4

Hi!

If you have pending transactions, you WILL not be able to remove any funding sources UNTIL they get completed. Once they say COMPLETED. try to remove them, you should be able to.

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

TStormJack
New Community Member

I just tried removing a card about to expire and got an error message telling me I cannot remove my backup payment option while there are transactions pending.  I haven't done anything through paypal in 4 months!

Login to Me Too

rturnock
New Community Member

Did you ever figure this out. My card was cancelled in early december and I have two other cards on the account but still get the dreader "transactions pending". Will they ever go away taking into acount the card will never accept a transaction?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

rturnock wrote:

Did you ever figure this out. My card was cancelled in early december and I have two other cards on the account but still get the dreader "transactions pending". Will they ever go away taking into acount the card will never accept a transaction?

@rturnock

Use this link - https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-merchant-pull-funding&buyer_hub - to see if you have the card selected as a funding source for recurring payments. If it's selected, deselect the card and then see if you can delete it from your profile.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

bowmsy
New Community Member

it is difficult when you click your card to remove it and nothing happens, there is no edit remove or nothing,i am trying to remove a card with my old name on it and add the same card with new name got my account in my new name but every time i try to change my name on bank card i click click and nothing happens anyone any clue why this is happening i dont have any pending payments due

@starbelly33 wrote:

Hi,

I had the same issue getting the expired card off the wallet. Pretty simple fix though. Click on the expired card then click edit and then remove. I dont know why you have to go to edit first as when you remove bank accounts the remove button is available without the extra step. Either way not too hard to do.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Gulam1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, But I do not get the option of "edit"   Gulam1

Login to Me Too

AmyJo1
New Community Member

I figured out how to change anything you want to in your account without contacting customer support. All you have to do is click on classical view in bottom left hand corner.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.