removing expired credit and/or debit cards from wallet & how to disable ebay and paypal echeck link

castroolga
Contributor
Contributor

Please someone give me an answer.  I can I remove expired cards from wallet?  I really don't want to see them there.  Secondly, how do I disable the echeck link between ebay and paypal.  I cannot find an answer anywhere.  I don't want this option because Paypal takes about a week to finalize a payment transaction and payment remains in pending status until then.  That is just ludicrous.  This was supposed to be easier, better and more convenient.  However, that is not the case.  I find Paypal not to be user-friendly anymore.  Olga Castro  

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As this is a member to member help group, we are not the same as customer support.  It would be best for you to contact them for assistance and they can help remove the old card and help with your questions.   You can contact them via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As this is a member to member help group, we are not the same as customer support.  It would be best for you to contact them for assistance and they can help remove the old card and help with your questions.   You can contact them via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too
Solved

castroolga
Contributor
Contributor

jonalvamurphy
New Community Member

I have never seen such complication upon a personal page/account!!!   This is THE most unfriendly user site that I have ever encountered.  I am completely baffled on how this can stay in operation!!!   You have me so mad at this point using this as a form of payment.

I will not use this if it is not made to adhere to an agreeable way of completing a business transaction.

Why is this SO difficult to understand for an average to above computer user?

Login to Me Too

EnTerr

Yes - 

Paypal interface has always been pretty bad - illogical and often broken links. But this "new inteface" takes the cake.

To the original poster - are you using Google Chrome browser?

There is a bug in Paypal's new interface Wallet with Chrome i discovered today. Clicking on cards does nothing, instead in javascript console i see this:  "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getAddessDisplayData' of undefined. index.js:11".

When i move to Safari though, clicking on cards opens new page where i can update/delete card - so try a different browser?

Login to Me Too

harriscasa
New Community Member

Thanks for that thought i knew my way around , trying to delete a card was giving me a headache, opened insafari and done what you said and worked brillaintly thank you 

Login to Me Too

starbelly33
New Community Member

Hi,

I had the same issue getting the expired card off the wallet. Pretty simple fix though. Click on the expired card then click edit and then remove. I dont know why you have to go to edit first as when you remove bank accounts the remove button is available without the extra step. Either way not too hard to do.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Boba4
New Community Member

It doesn't work.  I want to remove a bank and two cards fom my wallet and it says it's unable to, pending transactions. I've not used Paypal for weeks now hoping this message will change but no use, it won't allow me to remove them.

Login to Me Too

mharris30
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue!  This forum says the issue is resolved, but i am unable to find the resolution.  On the phone now trying to get it resolved.  Also agree with you posts regarding the difference in PayPal simplicity.  Probably a result of security concerns as of late, but terrible process and support lately from PayPal IMO.

Login to Me Too

PitaPain
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, I have not used PayPal in 3 years, but my card is expired, and I have a new one. I have linked the new one, but it will not let me remove the old one. When I click 'remove' I get a box appearing stating "cannot remove at this time ...pending transactions" umm.. there haven't been ant transactions in years..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.