"Manage Funding Sources" Won't Let me MANAGE My Funding Sources

puffidredz
Contributor
Contributor

On my PayPal account I have a debit card and a bank account listed as funding sources.  I DO NOT want to have it debit from my debit card for recurring purchases; I want it to debit my bank account.  Under "Available Funding Sources" it shows both my debit card and bank account listed and it says "Choose which funding sources should be used for authorized/recurring payments to merchants, and click Save." BUT when I select my bank account and deselect my debit card I get the following error: "You cannot remove all of your instant funding sources from Merchant Relationships. Please select at least one funding source from the list below." ... but I AM selecting at least one funding source from the list below; I selected my bank account.

So whats going on? Are bank accounts not allowed as funding sources or is this a real error on PayPal's end? If not, then thats really counter-productive from the customer's end.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

puffidredz -

Hello there!

The reason you are encountering this is because a billing agreement requires an instant funding source - and a bank is not an instant funding source unless it is paired with a card (whether it be credit or debit).  Therefore, when you remove the card, but leave the bank, the only option to pay would be an eCheck, which is not instant.

However, if you were to add a credit card to the PayPal account, you would then be able to take off the debit card in this scenario.  The credit card would be used only if the bank transfer fails.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.