ebay item sold, paid now he wants refund

brian102
Contributor
Contributor

Ok ive been selling  a few phones on ebay. ive had a couple where a user who has very little feedback if any has bid on the item won it, went through and paid for it and now asks for a refund. If you have paid for an item why would you want a refund? why are people doing this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Good work, now go to my Ebay> account> site preferences> buyers requirements then follow the instructions.

All the bestSmiley Wink

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi brian102

You dont need sellers like this block them on your blocked bidders list and refund them because if you dont they could tell lies and open a case for some reason and you may be left out of pocket and your reputation ruined.

You can also set your preferences for sellers with low feedback etc(Account>site preferences>buyers requirements)

Login to Me Too

brian102
Contributor
Contributor

ok thats what im worried about i see all these people shipping items then losing their money it makes me nervous its 200 bucks. it says he wrote and e check. but then 2 minutes after he sent payment he sent me an email saying he has wrong card on file can i cancel this?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Does the echeque show in your account?

Login to Me Too

brian102
Contributor
Contributor

shows this: Pending Until Jan 9, 2013

and no money in my account from it.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Go to Account Overview > History > Find the relevant payment > Details > Cancel Paymentunder ‘Cancel this eCheque payment’ > Review the information and include a message to buyer > Cancel Payment.

Then block him

Login to Me Too

brian102
Contributor
Contributor

how do you block the person? thanks! i cancelled the transaction

Login to Me Too
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Good work, now go to my Ebay> account> site preferences> buyers requirements then follow the instructions.

All the bestSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

brian102
Contributor
Contributor

got it thank you very much!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.