Verification code

Desiigner
New Community Member

Ok,  isee many people have had this problem for years and its still not settled and all paypal does is ignore us. I can't get the phone code to verify my account and sms never sends after i press resend 50 times. And  the funny part is ,  whenever i get money they want to hold it and not let me use it because i didnt verify my phone. ReallySmiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Krystin1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Desiigner

I'm sorry to hear about the issue in receiving the confirmation code, but glad you've reached out to us. I'm happy to help!

PayPal sends the confirmation code through text from a six digit phone number. In many situations, the option to send/receive text messages to/from a six digit number must be enabled as a service by the phone carrier. Please attempt to send a text message to the number 729725 (PAYPAL) with the letters BAL in the body of the message. If the text message is successful, you will receive the balance on your PayPal account. If the message is not able to be sent or you do not receive a response with the balance, this feature is not currently enabled on your device by your phone carrier. You would need to contact your phone provider to turn on this feature.

I hope this helps! 🙂 

- Krystin 

Login to Me Too

andysmo
New Community Member

Hi, I am in the UK and I am also unable to confirm my mobile number as I never receive the confirmation code. The 6 digit phone numbers mentioned above are only applicable in the US, is there any way UK customers can receive a paypal sms message?

@PayPal_Krystin wrote:

Hi @Desiigner

I'm sorry to hear about the issue in receiving the confirmation code, but glad you've reached out to us. I'm happy to help!

PayPal sends the confirmation code through text from a six digit phone number. In many situations, the option to send/receive text messages to/from a six digit number must be enabled as a service by the phone carrier. Please attempt to send a text message to the number 729725 (PAYPAL) with the letters BAL in the body of the message. If the text message is successful, you will receive the balance on your PayPal account. If the message is not able to be sent or you do not receive a response with the balance, this feature is not currently enabled on your device by your phone carrier. You would need to contact your phone provider to turn on this feature.

I hope this helps! 🙂 

- Krystin 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.