The new paypal format is being forced upon us

paul44
Contributor
Contributor

I use two paypal accounts. One just a while ago was familiar but logging in to the other I had some new format which quite simply is poor. It's very much less professional and awful. To be honest if I asked a work experience student to design a new look it would be like this, amateurish, poorly constructed and badly presented.

So I phoned PayPal and was told that this new look was going to replace the old (classic) and there was nothing I could do about it except get used to it.

Nothing more to say, she was poilite but ended saying "thankyou for using PayPal". I replied that if I could I would not use PayPal any longer with it looking like it is, but one's hands are tied.

1 out of 10 for the new, compared to 10 out of 10 for the old.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately you're not the first person to speak up.  Many of us are dealing with the same issues.  The only people who don't care are the brand new users as they have nothing to compare to.   Personally I've been able to adjust to it but, sadly, we have lost some functions that were quite useful.  There's no logic to that either!

Login to Me Too

paul44
Contributor
Contributor

I find it frustrating. I admit I don't like change but in this case it seems such a retrograde step.

Yes I understand that an ever increasing number of users have smart phones and it's necessary to accomodate these users but trying to deliver a one size fits all doesn't work for me.

I might have a smart phone, and a tablet, but I need to use my desktop or laptop to work with PayPal alongside all of my other tools (spreadsheets, website / forums, emails) and I would defy anyone to attempt similar with a smart phone, it's just not possible.

Login to Me Too

paul44
Contributor
Contributor

I was going to add that I've (largely) managed to migrate away from MSWindows because I didn't like the way they were going, but there's no real alternative to PayPal - unless I can get to distribute buckets of groats ...................... Smiley LOL

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Have you checked out Square - they are getting better all the time.  We've used PayPal for years for our online sales however, we started working with Square for our brick and mortar shop - really works well.  As for online sales, Square takes a different approach but, once you figure out how things work, you can also make it work.   It's interesting to work with both services as they both have Pros and Cons.

Login to Me Too

KnirpsLyn
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous.

The last straw for using Paypal shouldn't be a **bleep** website redesign.  

What a stupid move on their part...

Login to Me Too

yankyjag
New Community Member

It took me by surprise and I don't like it. I use Paypal to send money for Christmas and birthdays to my daughter and grandchildren abroad. When I clicked "send" , a page came up saying there was a problem & that transaction was not completed & that it may be with my server, it said to reload page. I was wary about doing that, instead I went to the Activities page, and the transaction HAD gone through. I called my daughter to ask her to check if she'd been notified. Nope, no email but funds had been put into her a/c. without her accepting them.  I will be very wary when using it, or could end up sending multiple transactions. Not good Paypal, sort it out.

Login to Me Too

Aquabarrel
Contributor
Contributor

Layout and design FAIL. the 'old' set up is just fine: I need the basic information to process an order. I do NOT need all the graphics and junk when logging in. I have a bookkeeper and real accounting software. PayPal is a ways to a means of a cash transaction. I am not interested in your idea of trying to wow me with information and graphics that take away from why i logged in to the account.

don't you folks have any focus groups of 'old timers' that can explain to you why you exist and what our expectations are of this portal?

Login to Me Too

lacerote
Contributor
Contributor

The only thing I  can imagine is some relative of an executive came up with this new Piece of Garbage, so they are forcing us t take it,  . Or some new manager  is trying to justify the pay grade by doing anything , just so they can say they DID SOMTHING . Its beyond maddening . EVERYTHING  is in front of you , concise and FAST in the classic and this new THING is like common core math ABSURD. Ive complained and complained and youe right , even though I d a LOT of business on Paypal they dont care and insist some business owners WANTED THIS CRAP ! Yea,  WHO ????  Now that I am on a roll there needs to be a BIG change in paypal credit as well . The other day I went to transfer $268 to my other account, in the middle of this , it seems a $3 charge went through so I was , unknown to me $3 short. When the page came up , I hit the transfer and fogot about it . What I found out DAYS  later , was that PAYPAL CREDIT WAS USED TO SEND THE MONEY , NOT THE $3 I WAS SHORT ,THE ENTIRE THING !!!! SOOO now I owe paypal credit $268 I never asked them for !!! What happened was BELOW THE OPTION TO SEND THE MONEY , IS A BLUE LINE , BELOW THAT BLUE LINE , UNKNOWN TO ME A MESSAGE CAME UP , USE PAYPAL CREDIT . 1. It should have told me I COULD NOT MAKE THE TRANSFER AS I HAD INSUFIICNET FUNDS BY $3 

2. I could then cancel the transfer OR choose to use paypal credit FOR THE THREE DOLLORS 

3. Even if this underhanded method is used , IT SHOULD HAVE TRANSFERED ONLY THE $3 SHORT 

I say underhanded because a CLEAR option should HAVE to be CHECKED AND AGREED TO SPECIFICALLY  AND ABOVE THE TRANSFER LINE BEFORE PAYPAL CREDIT IS EMPLOYED JUST LIKE YOU HAVE TO LOG ON AND ANSWER MULTIPLE QUESTIONS BEFORE ASKING FOR MONEY FROM THEM . 

Login to Me Too

Samuel_Ledford
Contributor
Contributor

I personally liked the "Classic" Site a lot better, it had a better feel to it.

At the bottom of any PayPal page, there's an option to go to the "Classic" Site, but it reverts back to the new format, once loading another PayPal page, which I find extremely annoying. They should have an option to keep your account in one format or the other.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.