Search by Transaction ID or Email without using classic

Azmodeus
Contributor
Contributor

I love the classic, I HATE the new one.

That said, eventually classic will go away, and I need to know how to search for transactions. I cannot for the life of me figgure out how to search by email or transaction ID for a transaction that is several months old.

Please help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Azmodeus
Contributor
Contributor

Shameless bump..

Any help here?

Login to Me Too

SC-Chris
New Community Member

This was why I had to switch back to classic when they first moved us over to the new format when it was very new to Paypal.  

We run a subscription business and have to be able to see the whole transaction history we have with a single client.  This helps us quickly understand and resolve errors accurately, such as a customer having set up a second subscription profile in error.  Since the new format only allows us to see one month at a time on a customer email search (and we have to select the month we want to see), we can't find when the second subscription was set up (vs. the older, correct subscription), or see how many (and which) payments need refunding etc.  Not without manually going through each month, one at a time, and making a note on a piece of paper as things come up.

They've just tried to switch us over again and it still can't be done.  I've got the same concern you do - that eventually classic will cease.

I've provided feedback (again) and said they should contact us for more information but they didn't take any notice last time I provided feedback.  If anyone knows if this can be done in the new format please tell me, since in all other respects I like working in the new format (I use it for some other non-subscription businesses without too much difficulty, except when I need to find a transaction to make any form of refund but don't have the exact date when the original transaction happened).

Please can someone help with this.

Login to Me Too

SaveSumMore
Contributor
Contributor

I have been waiting for this too. I waste a huge amount of time trying to track down a transaction if it is not a direct ebay link. I have to switch to classic. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.