Removing My Customer Service Email

gunnmetal
Contributor
Contributor

I received no answer on the phone when trying to reach paypal and I haven't received a response to my submitting question for help.

I've had my paypal account for over 8 years and back then I had a customer service email set up on my account - I no longer have access to that email and apparently customers can see it when they transfer me money. How do I remove it from my account? I've looked on pretty much every page, it appears the field has disappeared sometime between 2005 and now?

If someone could help, or if paypal could please remove my customer service email.

Regards

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

gunnmetal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal,

Seriously, it would be great to receive a response and answer to this problem. I've tried phoning you on your expensive 0870 number but fail to ever get through to a person. I'm hoping you can respond via these forums or contact me on my primary contact email.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi gunnmetal,

I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles. 😞 This is a member to member help community so PayPal employees may not respond to every post. Why didn't an employee answer my post?

I've pasted in the instructions for changing the customer service information below:

Here’s how to change your business’s customer service email and phone number and your business's website address:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
  3. Click "My business info" under My Profile.
  4. Click "Update" next to "Business information."
  5. Click "Edit."
  6. Enter your new business information, and then click "Save."

Please note that a buyer will always be able to view a seller's email address and sellers will always be able to view buyer email addresses.  If you're using your personal email address and you don't want buyers to have access to that information, I recommend adding and using a separate email address that can receive customer emails.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.