Removing A Bank Account? -Pending Transaction...

zaada
Contributor
Contributor

I've seen alot of people with this problem and I seem to have it too. But alot of the threads concerning this issue are from 4 or 5 years back and continue on. I would have thought that by now Paypal would have fixed the problem but obviously not. Well not that I'm aware of. So does anyone know how to remove a Bank Account which supposedly has a 'pending transaction' since I haven't bought anything for over a week so I know for sure there is nothing to pending on my account. So why won't it let me remove it? I have two bank accounts linked and it'll let me remove one of them but not the other. Is it because I last used the one with the 'pending transaction'? If I make a payment through the one which can be removed is there a chance I can remove that one can't then? I mean even if I have a pending payment I also have a back up funding source so I'd assume if you'd remove your bank account that the payment would fall through to the back up one. But anyway I'd like to avoid calling Paypal for help due to charges and the fact all customer service lines put you on hold for hours and end up taking forever to fix an issue (In my experience). So if any one has any new updated information on how to fix this issue it would be greatly appreicated. Thank you 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As long as there is a status on the account like "pending", you won't be able to remove the account.  The system locks it, not much you can do until the status changes.  If you could simply remove it, folks would do that to avoid paying for things.  As for calling PayPal, it is a challenge to say the least. 

Login to Me Too

30n30w
New Community Member
I had the same exact problem this morning. I called support and found a pending transaction from last year that I was able to have them remove. Then I could remove the bank account. I was able to call support and got through very quickly. Hope this helps...
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Good to hear.  Proves there is hope with customer support.

Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

ernie2013
Contributor
Contributor

It is great to read that other people have the same problem.  I no longer have that credit card and I have no pending transactions.  My last transaction was in July of 2012.   I think they need to fix the problem soon.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.