No activity showing....

Brandy131
Contributor
Contributor

Sold several items today accoridilng to several emails but going to paypal for verificaiton shows NO activity.  Customer service is closed yet I have no way to verify that these funds are secured to my account.... even my bank has 24-hour customer service and paypal doesn't, wow.  So, anyone 'here' that can tell me what is going on ?  Thank you

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

princesskaren
Contributor
Contributor

My account activity is showing on my paypal account now and showing as paid on my e.bay account though the payment has been taken 3 times by paypal.  Also still can't log into paypal from e.bay page just shows blank screen and still can't get through on telephone to sort out refund for 2 over payments.

Login to Me Too

TBetti
Contributor
Contributor

Try 402-935-2050...but this is NOT toll free.  Paypal will certainly refund extra payments made...no worries there.  I haven't tried to log in from Ebay.  I made a payment during this outage and was able to log in...it just brought me to a 'not completed' page.  I checked my email at that point and saw the payment confirmation email so knew not to pay it again.  I'm sure you're not the only person who made multiple payments for an item.  Again, PP will have NO problem refunding it.  They don't open for another 5 hours though... at 8am PST.  

Login to Me Too

0d1c3r0

Same problem here.

Thought I would contribute, perhaps for a more official answer...

Bought Item this morning. Paid with PayPal.

Transaction displayed a few times on PayPal, but was also removed...

Emil receipt received for purchase.

ITEM NOT SHOWING IN MY EBAY PURCHASE HISTORY!!

Please provide further information and or instructions!

Login to Me Too

TBetti
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmm....have you checked the auction you purchased to see if it ended.  Just curious.  I had a buyer purchase an item about 6 months ago.  I saw payment in Paypal and got PP payment confirmation email (with all auction information)...but auction was still live!!  Had to end auction manually.  She was on an iphone when she paid.  There seems to be issues with Apple and 'Buy It Now' with Instant Payment from what I can tell (she's not the first person on an apple product to tell me they've had issues using 'Immediate Payment'.  Other than that, I would call Ebay when they open...since it may not be a PP issue.  I only say that as your issue seems to be within Ebay if it's not showing in your Purchase History.  Sorry I can't help more 😞

Login to Me Too

northern_lass
Contributor
Contributor

I'm an Ebay seller, couldn't log in to Paypal at all this morning, 'incorrect login details', then when I finally managed to get in I panicked as none of my 2013 transactions were showing, and searching by transaction ID brought up nothing. Somewhat reassuring to find that the problem seems to be universal, but it's obviously been going on for several hours judging from the time of these postings, and Paypal have had enough time to put a notice on the main website page. It's quite disgraceful that they haven't done so. I tried phoning them but obviously everyone had the same idea and after 15 minutes of ghastly hold music I had to give up as I was going out. Have now got into my account and it seems to be restored, but it's apparently been up and down all morning so it may disappear again!

Login to Me Too

sen
Contributor
Contributor

wow....so  it wasn't an "isolated" incident...I was trying to explain to ebay seller that not only did I pay for item but paid for it TWICE he has no record but I show it. I totally understand it from his side you can't just start ssending out merchandise to people who say they paid but for those that did pay there is no record for seller....how whacked is this????????????????

Login to Me Too

Hosting4Real
Contributor
Contributor

True, but Paypal is using a really complex system, not in terms of that is **bleep**, but in terms of, that they have a lot apllications, or layers talking together, all is running on seperated servers (I hope), which means, some parts of their whole system can go down, while others may function correctly.

This is both good and bad:

It's good because you make your system, on an overall view, less depending on functionality, which makes the system more stable in the end.

The bad point, is like this - that the payments might be able to be sent / received, but the activity log, transaction ID's etc might be missing, for x amount of time.

So surely, the system can fail, but it didn't fail badly, because when the system was designed, they might have been thinking on this exact problem:

"How do we make a service, that is stable, where we can make the code having only a small amount of dependencies"

If you design this way, your applications will be stable, it might fail in some specific cases, but it's still better than not being able to do anything for a long period 🙂

When designing applications, you should always keep in mind, that they will fail some day.

Login to Me Too

northern_lass
Contributor
Contributor

Although all is now restored, I find it really worrying that failures like this can happen. Yes OK systems can fail, but the worst thing about this is that that Payal didn't tell us via the website about what was a global problem, and now it's fixed, there's still no message on the website, no apology, nothing.  It was impossible to get through to them on the day this happened and until I got onto this forum I thought someone must have hacked into my account. This has really dented my confidence in Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.