How do I get my refund with a gift card???

Jakeholloway
New Community Member
So I recently bought and item of of eBay and something messed up with the shipping so I requested a refund. I have received my refund from the seller, I'm using a giftcard and so I went back on eBay to buy the same thing but from a different seller and it says my card doesn't have money on it. But in my paypal account it says refund completed. Thanks for the help guy!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Here's a few tips concerning refunds:

If you paid using your PayPal Account Balance or Bank Account, the refund is credited back to your PayPal Account Balance. Times can vary for many reasons, it can take from 1 day to several days depending on the funding source used by the party doing the refund.

If you paid using a credit card, the refund is credited back to that card. That process can take up to 2 weeks for the credit to appear on your card statement.

If you paid using a prepaid type card or gift card, the refund is credited back to that card however, as many cards are not reloadable, you have to contact the card issuer for assistance with getting the credit reapplied to the card.

Login to Me Too

Dunya
New Community Member
Hi few days ago i get refund for an item i both the money not showing on my balance i see on the actions the money will be refund to my PayPal balance but is not there on the history it show that the refund is send on the seller name there is a gift card code is not working any wear i used a gift card to buy item and other items after i ad to my account i don't keep the card i contact PayPal they say that seller send the money to the eBay gift card i used before i contact PayPal it did not show that refund is send to eBay gift card service i contact the seller few times but nothing from him i don't know what to do
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.