Email address change

ChrissieFizz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I want to change my email address, how do I do this please, it said my primary one can't be changed?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrissieFizz

You can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

So add another one and when its confirmed make it the primary one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChrissieFizz
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks, I had already added my new one, will look for the option to make it my primary address 😃

Login to Me Too

snookerace46
Contributor
Contributor

I see I can have more than 1 email address, but what is the difference between a  'primary address' and a new one.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@snookerace46

Your primary email address is where PayPal sends all your account notifications.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

snookerace46
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Sandy, I've put a second address in so I can receive money from a friend, how will the transaction show on my account, how can I move it into my bank account? not useing the new address as the primary one.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@snookerace46

The transaction will look the same as all your other transactions with one exception... the "Payment sent to" email address will be different. If you search your PayPal account for payments sent to your primary email address, the search results will not include payments sent to your second email address.

Moving the money to your bank account will be the same as all your other withdrawals... the withdrawal notification email message will be sent to your primary email address.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

snookerace46
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again Sandy, a real help.Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.