Choose postal address, how to turn off?

alext933
Contributor
Contributor

We never send phsyical goods to a postal adress therefore we do not need this setting on.  Is there somwway to turn if off?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As I mentioned, the question is normally about item button code, not invoices.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

One option is to include the "no_shipping" variable in your item button code with the value set to "1"

Allowable values are:

0 – prompt for an address, but do not require one

1 – do not prompt for an address

2 – prompt for an address, and require one

The default is 0.

If you're are coding your items manaually, the line of code would look like this:

<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">

If you're using the online button creator:

For "hosted" or "encrypted" item button code you need to modify button code using the "Advanced Variables" in Step 3.   Note the text box near the bottom of the page.  There you can insert variable.   For example, to insert the "no_shipping" override variable just enter:

no_shipping=1 

There's no HTML extras, just the name of the variable, an equal sign and the value.

Login to Me Too

alext933
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply 🙂

But I'm confused, I don't have an item button.

I encounter this when I go to pay someone who has done work for us.  So I just login and push send money and go via that route.

This seems differant to your solution, or any I missing something?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sorry you didn't fully explain what were doing.  Basically the question you asked comes up quite a bit however, it's normally associated with item button coding.  Unfortunately there's no options or features to do what you have in mind.

Login to Me Too

alext933
Contributor
Contributor

Okay thanks 🙂

Is there any reason that this question always has to be asked?  It seems crazy as I will never have an address to click on, just years of clicking no address 😞

Login to Me Too
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As I mentioned, the question is normally about item button code, not invoices.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.