Account Restriced, Documents Not Recieved?

Atlas
Contributor
Contributor

On April 16 my account was restricted and I was asked to submit documents to prove my identity which I did. Some of the documents weren't accepted so I uploaded scans of new ones but I haven't heard back if these are acceptable or not. The status in the Resolution Center says either "In Progress" or "Information Received-Not Accepted please resubmit Reason: Document was not legible". These are the same messages that have been there since I originally sent in the scans. It looks like there wasn't an update on Paypal's end to let you know that I sent in new files. I already emailed support but all I got back was an automated response saying to follow the directions on the Resolution Center page which, had someone read my email, would now that I need help from a person.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Atlas,

It sounds like the documents were received but they just haven't been reviewed yet.  The reviews usually take no more than 24-48 hours so if you still haven't received a response by now, I recommend contacting Customer Service so they can check the account.

Hopefully the issue has already been resolved by now. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

hadiyana
New Community Member

Hi,

My wive's account has been hacked 2 weeks ago, and her account details were changed by the hacker. The consequence is, off course, she can't log in. She submitted a report and was called 2 times by different paypal staffs talking in our language (Indonesian). The last person that called her has promised her to send an email that would detail what she needs to do to unblock her account. But that never happen until now. After that last call, my wive tried to send another email asking the whole matter's progress, but no reply. Could you please help us out? Many thanks.

Login to Me Too

Atlas
Contributor
Contributor

Good news and bad news. My issue was resolved a few days ago, I guess it just took a bit longer than usual. But when I logged in today I was retricted again! This is the fourth time this has happened with no explanation. I only log on from one computer and there are no unusual transactions. Why does this keep happening? Is there suspicious activity that I'm not aware of but PayPal notices?

I'll submit my information again. It's a easy problem to fix, it's just that I don't understand why it's happening in the first place.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.