Where is my Canada Post voided label refund after 19 calendar days?

bdaman
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for an expedited parcel shipping label on Aug 20, 2013 but it didn't print correctly. So I voided the label right away. Subsequeuntly, I paid for a new label and shipped the item with the new label. It's now Sep 9, 2013 and I have yet to receive the refund. According to Paypal's FAQ, any voided shipping label refund other than those for small packets should be refunded within 15 days.

It was obvious that I shipped the item with the new label and will never be using the voided label. What's taking so long?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

coolfemme
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE  I contacted PayPal through the Help option. I have copied my request format and their reply………….................

customer message:

Topic: 'Sending/Receiving Money'

Sub Topic: 'Refund/Cancel a Payment'  with the details of the label.

THEIR REPLY CAME WITHIN 72 HOURS .................. I can confirm that your refund is still not posted in your account.   To address the issue, I have spoken to our engineers and I found we currently have an issue concerning refund from voided shipping label due to our recent update. No worries! I will take care of your issue by issuing you a courtesy credit. The amount of $12.77 CAD will be added to your PayPal balance in 24-72 hours.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.  

Login to Me Too

lifeintheknife
Contributor
Contributor

"I can confirm that your refund is still not posted in your account.   To address the issue, I have spoken to our engineers and I found we currently have an issue concerning refund from voided shipping label due to our recent update. No worries! I will take care of your issue by issuing you a courtesy credit. The amount of $12.77 CAD will be added to your PayPal balance in 24-72 hours.  Thank you for your patience and understanding."

They gave me a similar message last year - and NEVER issued the refund. (Until I fought them again this year that is.) Keep on them and make sure you get your money back.

Login to Me Too

coolfemme
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. I will contact and irritate PayPal until I get it.Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

coolfemme
Contributor
Contributor

They gave me a similar message last year - and NEVER issued the refund. (Until I fought them again this year that is.) Keep on them and make sure you get your money back.

I took your advice, went back to the 'help' process using the only available option of "requesting a refund".  I received almost exactly the same email response of 24 to 72 hours and apologies.  AND it worked. $12.77 refund from Canada Post has appeared on my account. I also received an email Subject ~Resolution of Buyer Complaint  that shows the matter is resolved.

Okay so it was only $12.77 but if we keep on them maybe they will automatically do these Void Label refunds as they should.

Login to Me Too

aubreyclay56
Contributor
Contributor

i too am waiting for a refund of over 30 dollars,this payment should be refunded instantly not have to wait and maybe never get it,is this a scam by pay pal or canada post?totally not fair

Login to Me Too

coolfemme
Contributor
Contributor

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

i too am waiting for a refund of over 30 dollars,this payment should be refunded instantly not have to wait and maybe never get it,is this a scam by pay pal or canada post?totally not fair

I don't think it is a scam although many people/businesses might give up because of the all the constant emailing.   have always received my refunds but none have been sent automatically within the time specified on the PayPal site where you void the label.  Each time I have had to contact PayPal at least once and sometimes more often.  I mark my emails with follow-up reminders so I don't let them get away with my $$. Very irritating, I hope they fix it soon.

Login to Me Too

aubreyclay56
Contributor
Contributor

Nice to hear people are getting refunds,but it should be instant just like they take your money instant,,i cancelled two labels both over 15 dollars each,inbetween ebay crazzy fees and pay pal,dont take  long before its a loosing propisition with adding canada post to the mix

Login to Me Too

Urbanrider
Contributor
Contributor

I agree the refund should be instantaneous. If any sellers were as difficult to get refunds from as PayPal you can be sure that they would lose their PayPal accounts. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.