New box on Checkout - Estimate Shipping and Tax - Defaulted US$

partnerinbiz
New Community Member

I am trying to update my client's site, but it appears there is a new layout for the paypal add to cart buttons, as the Estimate Shipping and Tax box was not there previously.  To add to the confusion, this is a canadian paypal account with currently the majority of customers based in Canada, and yet it defaults to Enter Destination ZIP.. even for those instances where there is no shipping at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have spent hours on the phone with Paypal support, but either they didn't understand my request, or what they thought would work did not.

Thanks

Tracey

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi partnerinbiz,

Welcome! 🙂

It sounds like the receiving PayPal account may have shipping calculations setup in the account profile settings.  That would explain why it's asking for the zip to calculate those values.  If the receiving account is Canadian, it needs to find out if the buyer is in Canada to see if shipping calculations should be applied.

If you want to completely remove that box and you're not using the PayPal Shipping calculator, I recommend setting the shipping to "0" or to a flat value so that the calculator is not used.  If you want to use the Domestic shipping calculator to calculate shipping based on amount for Canadian buyers, you could add this line to your button code which will automatically set the buyer's country to Canada.  If a non Canadian customer logs into PayPal, the shipping would be adjusted.

<input type="hidden" name="country" value="CA">

There is no option to change the "zip" to "postal code" as shipping calculations based on postal code or zip can only be set on U.S. accounts.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

eightrivers
New Community Member

Did you ever find out how to get rid of this new box?

I have the same problem in the UK and my customers are getting confused!

This is costing me sales as they have already paid postage and it is requesting to calculate the postage again.

I do not use the PayPal shipping calculator at all.

Login to Me Too

rkhff
Contributor
Contributor

I just phoned Paypal as the box appeared on my checkout as well. They confirmed the box should not be there (it had been added as a result of a recent system update) and that they're going to update the system again tonight (overnight on 2 May 2012).

Have to say this is rather embarrassing. I'm in the UK and only ship to the UK, yet Paypal asks my buyers to enter 'ZIP codes' and click on a 'Send outside US' link.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.