Buyer said they sent payment

hobooo
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item to a buyer and they said they sent the payment but nothing has shown up. They said that I have to send the tracking number to a specified email (which was in the email i got saying they sent the payment) before i receive my payment. I had received an email saying they sent the payment so I sent the tracking number but theres still no payment. This is my first time receiving money through paypal. I wouldnt even be selling my stuff but I have to because I have no money and Im moving to Alberta from Ontario. I had 40$ to my name and had to spend 20 for shipping the item. And now Im broke and this person has stopped answering me. This is not cool.. what do i do??

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not enought info here:

How did you sell the item?   Meaning, did you send an invoice or was the purchase done via a web page?  Or did you just provide your email address and allowed them to use the Send Money feature?  

The email you received saying they sent the payment ... was this an official PayPal email?

Did you actually ship the item?

Login to Me Too

hobooo
Contributor
Contributor

Its a personal item I sold through Kijiji (i have ads on Ebay and Kijiji, really need the cash 😞  ). I provided my email like you would need to send through paypal. I received an email that looks PayPal official saying the funds have been sent from their account but I would need to send the tracking number to this paypal email for the funds to be confirmed and put into my account. The email I was to send the tracking number to is: *removed*

Im 28 and Im having a god friggin break down.

Login to Me Too

hobooo
Contributor
Contributor

And yes, I shipped the item. Well, its at the post office to ship on Monday but I have no idea if I can go there and get it back. It closes in a half hour.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sad to say, this appears to be a possible scam.  Based the info you have shared about this transaction, don't think you will ever see any money or your item again.   There's really no Buyer Protection in a deal like this.

Login to Me Too

hobooo
Contributor
Contributor

Wow... just.. wow.
No wonder why Im starting to hate people. This is brutal. 

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, there are not so honest people out there.  PayPal is good service however, one needs to take the time to understand the User Agreement before diving right in, especially Protection for Buyers and Sellers.  The not so honest people know and understand the policies and they are betting on the fact that the people they deal with don't.

Login to Me Too

hobooo
Contributor
Contributor

You're totally right about that.. I should have read more carefully. I'm just in a hurry because I move in two weeks but am leaving from the city I live in currently in a week then staying somewhere else for a week before I actually fly out. And so everything is crazy and chaotic and I'm super stressed out and broke. 
Im a smoker and I dont run.. but I ran as fast as i could to the post office... I GOT THE PACKAGE BACK!! 😄
Wont be making that mistake again. Thanks a bunch 🙂

Login to Me Too

hobooo
Contributor
Contributor

When a buyer sends you money to your paypal account, do I have to confirm it or does it automatically show up in the account?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming your account is verified and the sender is using the Send Money feature, the funds should go direclty to your PayPal Account Balance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.