dodgy buyer and how did they get my card details.....

britishgoose01
Contributor
Contributor

A thief bought something off me, knew it would take 2 weeks, opened a claim somehow after a week ebay closed his account because he was a suspicious buyer. Ebay said after claim date my money would get released and nothing more to do. Time passed it didnt clear, seems paypal for some reason havnt communicated with ebay, the claim wasnt closed, they carried it on and 2 days ago refunded him. I have had various proof, It wasnt tracked so i had to go to the PostOffice and fill forms out to track it to when it left country. Post office agreed there had been no issues reported and it should have got there. Even the post office said they thought the person was lying. I got as much proof as I could. Ebay closed the claim, there was no need for it. threw it in the bin. The only thing remaining was a photo of the receipt. Paypal didnt care, Ive had no answer no matter how many times ive messaged them. Ive sent copy of the ebay messages for the buy and his account being deleted and the claim being closed. Paypal dont care and have never replied apart from we are looking in to this its disgusting, abserlutely disgusting. They gave him his money back 2 days ago, Ive had no replies or contact off paypal. I could never ring because my shifts are on 6am06/7pm daily. + emails is proof, they dont record calls like they say.  This is so messed up. No contact from them at all. Ive even gone on to twitter to chat with them on there and very little back off them.

Something I have also noticed and am extremely concerned about this is I have a credit card, the primary use for that card is for my car, for repairs and fuel. The card stays in my wallet and noone has access to it. My credit card has appeared on paypal and I have no idea how. I have not added it, I have no need as paypals connected to my bank. I have asked, I again get no answer, I have tried removing it and I cant. I checked the credit card and they have charged it for 2 things. Again this is messed up and they wont reply to me. I dont know what to do. Do I go to fraud office for credit card? Do I go to the police. I definatly have no added the card, tbh I didnt know I could add a credit card to paypal.

Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No one could have added a credit card unless it is you or someone who has access to your account.

Adding a credit card gets you instant bank transfer instead of e check,so seller can get his money faster and you get your order sooner,you may have at one time add it for this reason.

back t o the item you sold and shipped,a paypal dispute for item not received is first tackled by robot who wants to see a tracking number which y ou dont have .

no tracking means no delivery,cut and dry.

even if he waits 2 weeks for the item,he can still file item not received and you cant prove delivery.

postal receipt and emails are not tracking.

now ebay is the smart **bleep** which advises you ,so go tell Ebay to give you your money back.

ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I dont think the ebay rep knows you have already shipped the item,$$ released mean going back to the buyer.

if it has left the country,you can recall it unless it is a priavet carrier like UPS or Fed EXP

Login to Me Too

britishgoose01
Contributor
Contributor

I did not add the credit card. I know for a fact I did not add it. I use it for fuel for my car and well just my car.

I have a bank account added to ebay, thats how ive done it for 7 years. Am not stupid,  I would remember adding a card to my account, I didnt. Theres noone else with access to it. As for tracking it was untracked. You can get it tracked to see if it left the country, I spent alot of time in the post office sorting this. Paypal dont care. They havnt spoken to me, they havnt emailed me. The claim I wasnt included, they just did it and gave him his money back. I have spoken to ebay and they confirmed he was a dodgy buyer and his account has been removed. They have not communicated with each other, ebay listen you can talk to them, paypal are completely useless even when you ring them. They are very rude and very arrogent. I have had another issue with my mums account and again very rude and dont care. Ive been connecd with a macbook pro Ive sold, paypal dont give a toss. Its not a very good company anymore because if it was they wouldnt treat people like this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.