craigslist scam?

drbp
New Community Member

I recently recieved an email from an ad on Craig's list.  They wanted to purchase an item.  we agreed on price and they requested my paypal email to sendthe money.  they also ask for my name.  I sent the emal address. They said they sent the money but it never came.  The person seemed very anxious to get this done.  I have not sent the items and now I cannot reach the person.  I believe that it was ascam of somekind but I cannot figure out how they could scam me with such limited info.

does anyone have a simular experience or an idea how they could use it against me?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It isn't a scam until you ship the item and realize there was no money received.

Listing an expensive item on Craig's Listis an open invitation for a scam.  When a "buyer" starts making a special case for payment, it's the first start of the seller falling for a scam.  The "buyer" is very convincing to a PayPal novice.

When you get a request from a buyer, make sure you have a plan:  send ther buyer a PayPal ivnoice with all product details, pictures, and shipping.  Leave the rest for the buyer to pay the invoice.  NO EXCEPTIONS.  Then make sure all transcations are in PayPal, not buyer's email.

Login to Me Too

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

eBay Is Currently Also Having The Same Scamming Issue, But Overall ALL CORRECT INFO! Lastly, ALWAYS SAVE YOUR EMAILS AND MESSAGES FOR PROOF! Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.