Unable to verify my account!!! ... "Quick Security Check"

lisabrown777777
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money for *goods*. Please note, I already have my phone number registered, and verified with PayPal. When trying to send the money, it's requiring a "quick security check". I'm asked to add a phone number. When I type in my phone number, I get a message saying the phone number "isn't registered in my name". Tried multiple times, and each time it says "my" phone number "isn't registered in my name".

After several unsuccessful tries I'm given the option "please have us call you", I click this option and again, I'm asked to add a phone number. Again when typing in my phone number that's already in my profile and verified by PayPal for years now, again I get the message that says this phone number "isn't registered in my name"Well then, whose name is my phone number registered in??? I can see right in my profile that this phone number is in fact registered to "my" PayPal account.

Eventually I'm given an option to "try another way". I click on the "try another way" link... All it does is ask me to add a phone number again, and I can bet you know how that turns out.

Then I decided to go to my profile and get a "security key" for my phone number. That went well. Received the text with the "security key" number and typed it in. Thought this might resolve the "quick security check" problem... but no, it did not. Then I thought I'd remove the security code, remove my phone number, and then re-enter my phone number when it does the "quick security check" again while I'm trying to send money... but no, PayPal won't allow me to remove my phone number to try this.

Please also note, during the "quick security check" it will ask me to enter a different phone number... This is the only phone number/phone that I own.

During all this, I cleared my cache/temp files many times. Signed into PayPal from 3 different browsers. Refreshed the browser many times. Signed in and signed out of PayPal multiple times. You name it, I tried it!! For 2 hours now that I've been trying to send this money, and it's very maddening!!

By the way, tried calling PayPal within minutes of first having this problem. When calling PayPal with the pin number provided for the call, the office was closed because it's Sunday.

I'm trying to purchase a one-of-a-kind art piece and the likely senario is, by the time I'm ALLOWED to send this payment, it'll most likley be sold!!

Oh, and the clincher is... The Seller wanted me to send money to her Visa card but I said no. I said I wanted to send the payment through PayPal. The Seller obliged and sent me their PayPal email address.

I would like to thank PayPal or anyone else in advance who can provide any quick help in resolving this situation, before I loose this special one-of-a-kind piece of art to another Buyer who has the ability to pay the Seller, would be greatly appreciated!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is the real issue, without the story and commentary?

What are you trying to purchase?

Where did you find it listed?

Did this involve an email invitation to purchase?

Where is the item located?

Where are you located?

What is the planned delivery method?

Login to Me Too

lisabrown777777
Contributor
Contributor

Issue without commentary/story:

Trying to send money through PayPal website for "goods or service". "Quick Security Check" issues written in initial "commentary/story" post.

Can't imagine answers to any of these questions would matter in this situation?

DPCreations wrote:

What is the real issue, without the story and commentary?

What are you trying to purchase?

Where did you find it listed?

Did this involve an email invitation to purchase?

Where is the item located?

Where are you located?

What is the planned delivery method?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

tabitha103
Contributor
Contributor

i am having trouble with the security check will not verify with phone number on file?

Login to Me Too

gmawien
Contributor
Contributor

ever found out ?

@lisabrown777777wrote:

I'm trying to send money for *goods*. Please note, I already have my phone number registered, and verified with PayPal. When trying to send the money, it's requiring a "quick security check". I'm asked to add a phone number. When I type in my phone number, I get a message saying the phone number "isn't registered in my name". Tried multiple times, and each time it says "my" phone number "isn't registered in my name".

After several unsuccessful tries I'm given the option "please have us call you", I click this option and again, I'm asked to add a phone number. Again when typing in my phone number that's already in my profile and verified by PayPal for years now, again I get the message that says this phone number "isn't registered in my name"Well then, whose name is my phone number registered in??? I can see right in my profile that this phone number is in fact registered to "my" PayPal account.

Eventually I'm given an option to "try another way". I click on the "try another way" link... All it does is ask me to add a phone number again, and I can bet you know how that turns out.

Then I decided to go to my profile and get a "security key" for my phone number. That went well. Received the text with the "security key" number and typed it in. Thought this might resolve the "quick security check" problem... but no, it did not. Then I thought I'd remove the security code, remove my phone number, and then re-enter my phone number when it does the "quick security check" again while I'm trying to send money... but no, PayPal won't allow me to remove my phone number to try this.

Please also note, during the "quick security check" it will ask me to enter a different phone number... This is the only phone number/phone that I own.

During all this, I cleared my cache/temp files many times. Signed into PayPal from 3 different browsers. Refreshed the browser many times. Signed in and signed out of PayPal multiple times. You name it, I tried it!! For 2 hours now that I've been trying to send this money, and it's very maddening!!

By the way, tried calling PayPal within minutes of first having this problem. When calling PayPal with the pin number provided for the call, the office was closed because it's Sunday.

I'm trying to purchase a one-of-a-kind art piece and the likely senario is, by the time I'm ALLOWED to send this payment, it'll most likley be sold!!

Oh, and the clincher is... The Seller wanted me to send money to her Visa card but I said no. I said I wanted to send the payment through PayPal. The Seller obliged and sent me their PayPal email address.

I would like to thank PayPal or anyone else in advance who can provide any quick help in resolving this situation, before I loose this special one-of-a-kind piece of art to another Buyer who has the ability to pay the Seller, would be greatly appreciated!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.