Suspicious Transaction

pdkzo
Contributor
Contributor

I'm located in Mexico. A person contacted me to buy an item, we settled the price and said he would take care of all the shipping details, and then he asked me to give him this information:

-PayPal e-Mail Address

-Complete Name 

-Whatsapp number

When he made the transaction an e-Mail was sent to my PayPal e-Mail address, apparently from PayPayl, the payment was for almost the double of the settled amount, and the reason explained is that buyer deposited the settled amount of the merchandise, transport charges and money gram charges, these last two were the responsibles to almost double the price; the same e-Mail said that I should deposit the transport charges from my own money, and that when I complete that money gram payment, the payment would be liberated in my paypal account, reimbursing me 100% the money I spent for transport charges.

What really catched my attention is that the information of the person that would take care of the transportation is located in Turkey; so for me all of the above sound a little suspicious to me because as I said I'm located in Mexico, the shipping agent in Turkey.

I also logged in to my PayPal account to see if any transaction was made and so far I haven't noticed a change on it. 

I am really confused about this situation because I have never used PayPal before and I would like to know if this procedure is normal. 

Any help will me much appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

This is a SCAM !!!

As the seller, you don't have to provide the buyer any personal info - all you need is the buyer's email address, then you create and send an email invoice with the description and amount including shipping and insurance if applicable to the buyer.   The buyer pays, once you have the money, you ship and retain the tracking info.  

When you sell something and someone pays, you will get both an email notification and a notice of the transaction in your PayPal Account Activity Section.   Best you simply walk away from this deal as you will loose both your money and item.

When time permits, read the User Agreement - note the Seller Protection section and what you need to do to protect yourself.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

This is a SCAM !!!

As the seller, you don't have to provide the buyer any personal info - all you need is the buyer's email address, then you create and send an email invoice with the description and amount including shipping and insurance if applicable to the buyer.   The buyer pays, once you have the money, you ship and retain the tracking info.  

When you sell something and someone pays, you will get both an email notification and a notice of the transaction in your PayPal Account Activity Section.   Best you simply walk away from this deal as you will loose both your money and item.

When time permits, read the User Agreement - note the Seller Protection section and what you need to do to protect yourself.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.