Seller can escalate to claim at any time, without allowing time for me to respond to defend myself?

tehfightz

Someone scammed me, so I opened a dispute. I put in my message, then went off to a concert, came home very late, and woke up this morning to find out that the seller was able to escalate the claim within a minute after sending two messages that were complete <removed>. I can no longer make comments or submit files to the case because he has the ability to escalate and I don't. I was given zero time to respond and now I'm stuck where he put all of these fraudulent messages and I can't provide any more evidence because it is being 'reviewed by PayPal.' Is there any way to put more evidence or contact PayPal in any way to fix this?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tehfightz

Either party can escalate when they want to as long as 7 days have passed since payment.

The idea is that you put in ALL the information you need to in the first message and then leave it up to paypal.

If they need more info they will ask for it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tehfightz

It hasn't even been 7 days. It was 2 or three hours. I provided everything I would have needed, but the scammer is now spouting false information which I could easily disprove if I was able to reply. He knows I can't, so he escalates immediately. I would have escalated immediately too.

Login to Me Too

tehfightz

@kernowlass sorry didn't tag you in first response

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

item not as described is first tackled by robot,most cases will end with buyer reteurning the item with tracking.

robot does not read email or watch video.

save it for later when you appeal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.